My new + first component system

jaz9090

Jan 1, 2008
Visit site
Heya, some of you may have read another thread I wrote about the system I was intending to get, £600 budget originally the azur 640A + C v2s + the Mordant Short 902i's, I then decided I wanted the PM6002and CD6002 with the 902i's

Well today i bought my system from richer sounds. I decided £600 was a bit more than i intended to spend, so for £470 I managed to get a Marantz PM6002, an azur 640C v1, the 902is, an atlantic interconnect and 4 x 2m of GALE SYMPHONY 400 speaker cable. It is a strange mix of the azur and the marantz but it sounds great, what do people think? I am probably going to get the £30 speaker stands soon and am intending to upgrade to the CD60002 when I have the money .

Please give me your opinions

Thanks
James

A

Anonymous

Hi James, besides the speakers, interconnects and speaker cable I have the same system. I can't find any faults matching the 640C v1 with the Marantz. Did you manage a discount? By my calculations the 640C must have come out priced just over 100, that seems like a good deal. I enjoy the level of detail the marantz gives the music other than that I can't really give you much other comparison. Hope you enjoy it, I know I do!

Just an added bonus, the remote for the 640C work the volume control and mute for the Marantz too.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
You sound like a sensible person that stays level headed when faced with shiny new hifi in shop. Wished I was like that when I started!

Stick with your system for a while until you get used to it and when you have spare cash perhaps listen to some speakers rather than changing the player. Differences there will be more pronounced and you could always change both if you wait a little bit longer.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="jaz9090"]Heya, some of you may have read another thread I wrote about the system I was intending to get, £600 budget originally the azur 640A + C v2s + the Mordant Short 902i's, I then decided I wanted the PM6002and CD6002 with the 902i's

Well today i bought my system from richer sounds. I decided £600 was a bit more than i intended to spend, so for £470 I managed to get a Marantz PM6002, an azur 640C v1, the 902is, an atlantic interconnect and 4 x 2m of GALE SYMPHONY 400 speaker cable. It is a strange mix of the azur and the marantz but it sounds great, what do people think? I am probably going to get the £30 speaker stands soon and am intending to upgrade to the CD60002 when I have the money .

Please give me your opinions

Thanks
James[/quote]

I dont think you could of got a brand new set up better anywhere in the uk at that price, cracking deal!!!

jaz9090

Jan 1, 2008
Visit site
Thought I'd update you. The 640c v1 started doing strange things, like when I switched it off spinning incredible loudly, so I took it back and ended up getting a cd6002, on which the cd tray then stopped opening! so I now have the ex-demo cd6002 from the richer sounds near me (there is basically no stock in the uk) anyway, love the system, it sounds brill!!

James

A

Anonymous

I'm listening the system which you intend to buy (cambridge azur 640c+a&interconnect mordaunt-short 902i, qed xt speaker cables) around 650. they are sound brilliant, nice budget system, really pay off. by the way there's no need to upgrade 640c to 6002, cos they are in the same grade, and both very good.

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
harryhurry:
I'm listening the system which you intend to buy (cambridge azur 640c+a&interconnect mordaunt-short 902i, qed xt speaker cables) around 650. they are sound brilliant, nice budget system, really pay off. by the way there's no need to upgrade 640c to 6002, cos they are in the same grade, and both very good.

You certainly picked an apt username. Did you read the thread?

sporti

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
jaz9090:

Thought I'd update you. The 640c v1 started doing strange things, like when I switched it off spinning incredible loudly, so I took it back and ended up getting a cd6002, on which the cd tray then stopped opening! so I now have the ex-demo cd6002 from the richer sounds near me (there is basically no stock in the uk) anyway, love the system, it sounds brill!!

James

My local dealer has plenty of stock of the new Marantz 6002 series CD & Amps, they say it is only richers who are not getting stock, as they wish to switch sell to Cambridge rather than actually sell Marantz at the cheap prices.

emotion-16.gif

A

Anonymous

Hi sorry for entering this thread late, but just wanted to congratulate you on your system. I've had a CA 640 setup married with Mordaunt Short 914's for a couple of years and think its a lovely system.

Would suggest you audition the Marantz CDP as I tried many combos of Marantz / Denon / Arcam married with KEF / Mission speakers and did not find them significantly better.

Cheers..

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts