My Living room system....

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
hello everyone, I have been reading the forums for a while now and I have posted one or two questions and got good advice from everyone. So I thank you all for that. I have had a spare 5 minutes this afternoon so I have decided to take a few pictures and show everyone my system that i have put together in the living room. I am really pleased with the system overall so it is time to show it off. Any comments are welcomed. thanks.

n733566385_1686251_3402.jpg

n733566385_1686253_3926.jpg

n733566385_1686254_4186.jpg

n733566385_1686255_4448.jpg

n733566385_1686256_4714.jpg

n733566385_1686257_4978.jpg

A

Anonymous

Very, very nice. Lovely place to be, I expect! One problem, how hot does that Rotel amp get down there with the CD player on top?

matthewpiano

Nice set-up and room. Can't understand why Sony stopped making those Vaio XL systems - they were brilliant and lovely looking.

Only comment I would make is get those MA RS1s on some stands. I know they look nice how they are, but supporting them with some heavy dedicated stands will really bring out the best in them.

A

Anonymous

Its not to bad, I suppose I should swap it over with the cd player and put it on top. There are a few things I 'should' do for optimal sound quality like stands etc but in reality I don't have the space and it wouldn't look that great. The results I am getting are really good to my ear. thanks for the comment hughes123, have you got your system posted online.

A

Anonymous

The glass tops the speakers are on are very solid and then the speakers are mounted on to the glass using 'state of the art blutak'. The blutak made a big difference supprisingly. I don't really want to listen to them on stands as I will be impressed and I can't fit them in my room. I will extend the house maybe for a listening room, lol. The sony xl is great, although i only use it for the internet and as a music server, no movies or tv since I got sky hd.

A

Anonymous

Messiah:
Looks great!

If it sounds good to you then that is what matters most!!

totally agree, what stand is it? it looks really nice.

A

Anonymous

Thanks, It is the Alphason Aspect ASP900-LO. There is a review of it on here 4star due to not being expanable. It says they are £400 but i paid £350 so you can get them cheaper. Like you said as long as I am happy with the sound thats what counts. I would love to upgrade in the future but seems pointlessI my speaker cable for the right channel is plastered in the wall and it is only some of the cheaper qed stuff. Plus with no room for dedicated speaker stands spending more on upgrades doesn't seem worth it. maybe a dac for my Sony pc would be my only addition.

A

Anonymous

which qed stuff? I recently had a quick compare of the silver anniversary with the chord odyssey 2 and to my ears heard very little difference so i wouldn't say it would be pointless upgrading.

admitted my ears may not be the best but it means not spending £180 on cables that can be used for other things!

TRENDING THREADS