My initial thoughts on my new setup...to be :-)

gbhsi1

Mar 5, 2008
Visit site
As most of you know I've been looking at replacing my hi fi for awhile now and steering towards valve amplification and bookshelf speakers so I know now that I will have around £2000 to play with come January next year + whatever else my current system would sell for. I will keep my Arcam cd player and pro-ject turntable as essentially they are the sources I will use. My initial thoughts were the Icon Audio 25 Intergrated with a pair of fairly sensitive bookshelf speakers 'Golden Ears Aon 3'. If all bought new cost will be around £1900 although the amp I am sure I could find cheaper. What do you think of this combo and would you recommend any others? thanks for reading

hoopsontoast

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
http://www.whathifi.com/forum/hi-fi/january-next-year-ill-be-getting-my-new-set-up-any-suggestions

:?

Not heard of the speakers, look interesting, but plenty of choice out there for valve amps....

There are a few Cayin users as well out there.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
The other Icon Audio amp in range, is the Stereo 20 SE; possibly with speakers from Audio Note (AZ 2 / AZ 1) or maybe Icon Audio's own MFV2 / MFV3 / MFV6

CJSF

May 25, 2011
Visit site
gbhsi1 said:
As most of you know I've been looking at replacing my hi fi for awhile now and steering towards valve amplification and bookshelf speakers so I know now that I will have around £2000 to play with come January next year + whatever else my current system would sell for. I will keep my Arcam cd player and pro-ject turntable as essentially they are the sources I will use. My initial thoughts were the Icon Audio 25 Intergrated with a pair of fairly sensitive bookshelf speakers 'Golden Ears Aon 3'. If all bought new cost will be around £1900 although the amp I am sure I could find cheaper. What do you think of this combo and would you recommend any others? thanks for reading

Most times the answer to this amp question ignores the 'Croft Hybid Intigrated Valve Amp'. Not the easiest to track down but there are dealers, good dealers. Punches way above its weight in sound quality stakes, a bit bland on style. Personaly I'd rather have the money in the sound.

CJSF

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts