Sonic Link Toslink cable
Yamaha DSP- E800 processor
Kef Q85 series center and rear speakers
QED Micro AV cables
Roksan Caspian CD player
Arcam A85 Integrated Amp
Chord Chorus interconnects
Van den Hull interconnects
Monitor Audio GR20 speakers (fronts for surround)
Sonic link AST200x2 biwire speaker cable
Tacima CS929 mains conditioner
Stands Unique AV rack

DSC08084x_325638648.JPG

DSC08087x_1961369403.JPG

I have a bright south facing lounge so hence the LCD TV. I elected a few years ago to use a processor with my stereo speakers as the surround fronts, as I wanted to keep the amps separate. As it is it works very well. You will notice there is no sub. The MA's shake the walls as it is so I have never invested in one as yet. The walls are stone and the floor is tiled so any bright sounding hardware just didn't work. After various systems including Kefs, Nad, Arcam, QED cabling etc. I settled on this line up which gives me an open transparent sound with oodles of controlled bass, transparent midrange and detailed polite treble. Mind you this was 7 years ago!

I would like to "freshen" the audio side up a little bit without changing any major components just yet. Anyone have any ideas as to what I could do?

Also, if I did add a sub, any suggestions as to which to consider?

Cheers.

bretty

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
Really nice stand. I wanted one myself, but my centre wouldn't fit in the aperture. Did you get it from 'creative audio'?

Nice (farmhouse?) room, too. I take it you're not living in frost-bitten Blighty?ÿ

A

Anonymous

That is an amazing system in an amazing house with an amazing rack to boot. Anyone who is not jealous is either mad or owns a Cyrus...

T

the record spot

I think it also proves that black and silver can work quite nicely together. And blue. Or should that be "blu"?!

Like the speakers - heard good things about the MAs.

A

Anonymous

If I remember I got the stand from Sevenoaks. It made such a difference to the sound. Can't say it totally justified the money I paid, but it is a great piece of furniture to boot. There used to be a lamp kit you could buy which lit up the individual glass shelves at night. I regretted not ever getting one. Anyone out there got one and if so can you put up a piccy?

Well spotted with the farmhouse! This is the pad in frost bitten SW France (-8 degrees recently!)

A

Anonymous

I'd always fancied trying Cyrus one day....don't know how it would go with thw MA's?

A

Anonymous

hdmad:I'd always fancied trying Cyrus one day....don't know how it would go with thw MA's?

emotion-40.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts