My head is wreacked!!!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
hey to all again... thanks a million for all the info yesterday on the CA 640 combo and MA RS6 speakers. yes... my head is now wreacked befor buying! another question... has anyone roadtested the new marantz 7003? sevenoaks in dublin just opened and offering a good deal on it and some MA RS6s. OH WHAT TO DO??? LOL
emotion-5.gif

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
IMO the C/A stuff isnt good enough to drive the M/A RS6 speakers to their full potential.

Have you demo'd any of the NAD separates. Theyre a lot more suited to the M/A speakers over the C/A and Marantz separates.

What music do you listen to?

A

Anonymous

hey dan, i listen to mostly acoustic, folk, country rock right through to kings of leon and oasis... if it sounds good i will listen to it.

T

the record spot

Cetainly Marantz amplification will give you a good clear sound, very detailed and open, which might be what you like for that kind of music. If you prefer something a little more warmer, then you could partner it with such a source. I've had the (now discontinued) PM6010-KI for a long time now and it's a great amp. Not sure what the 7003 will be like but it would be worth shortlisting. Can RS let you demo it in store?

NAD put out some great gear too - I still have my 3020A from 1986 and won't be parting with it on the breathing side of this mortal coil (my late dad bought it for me). The almost iron-curtain like look is less than inspiring to some, but that might not be an issue for you.

matthewpiano

I sympathise completely. Hi-Fi can become a huge ball ache when you are choosing it, and an even bigger one if you get it wrong (which I have done in the past). At times its like torture and that is when it can get in teh way of the music.

I'm sure the 7003 will be very talented but I'd still err towards the NAD stuff, particularly given your taste in music. You really need to arrange a demonstration so that you can compare the two side by side. Only your own ears can make the final decision.

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
eamoi:hey dan, i listen to mostly acoustic, folk, country rock right through to kings of leon and oasis... if it sounds good i will listen to it.

With that taste in music id defintily steer towards the NAD separates.

A much smoother soundstage with solid bass and sweet treble. IMO; they'd be better at driving the RS6's as well!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts