My First Record Player

pwiles1968

Mar 22, 2009
Visit site
Notice how i did not say turn table or HiFi, We are talking around 30 years ago and it would have been second hand, my parents bought me a record player, I have tried but can not find out what it was called or even find photos, it was basically a black box with a single speaker in the front, with a hinged lid that may have lifted off. It was fully aotomatic you piled your records on the centre spindle and set size/speed it would drop a record on to the spinning platter and the arm would move in to place, once finished arm would move out of the way and the next record would drop down on to the one spinning below (I cringe when I think about it now).

Does anyone have any idea of the make or even some pictures.

floyd droid

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
This one maybe ?

bushautochanger.gif

Could be a little too old though, circa mid to late 60s.

pwiles1968

Mar 22, 2009
Visit site
floyd droid:

This one maybe ?

bushautochanger.gif

Could be a little too old though, circa mid to late 60s.

Age would be about right we did not have a lot of money so it would have been older when I got it, and thinking about it that could have been more than 30 years, I cant say for sure that is the one but it ticks most of the boxes i can remember at least, should have a plastic handle on one side for carrying it round.

Thanks for the picture's everyone feeling all nostalgic now.

T

the record spot

Dansette Viva, as per Chebby's, except mine was blue/grey finish.

Edit: Rather, it was my mum and dad's but I ended up with it till it gave up the ghost in the late 70s.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts