My first post disappeared

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I posted a question asking for speaker advice & it appears to have been deleted. When I previewed before posting the formatting was ignored. What's going on?

NOTE from MODS - apologies - there is a high level of spamming on the forum at the moment which means settings have been set to maximum in order to try and prevent this overwhelming the forum. An unfortunate byproduct is some innocent posts are lost also. You should now be okay to post though, so please try again.

skippy

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
That's the WHF initiation process

Usually happens on your first post.

Seems that it's always best to copy your post before hitting the save button, that way you can just paste it if it happens again :grin:

Mr.Oz

Mar 8, 2014
Visit site
Luckily I copied it before posting. Perhaps you could make the blocked posts save to a draught in the users' profiles to save rewriting or something, just a suggestion. Trying again.. thanks. EDIT: Posted okay, except formatting is still not working.

daressolos

May 19, 2014
Visit site
I have had the same problem - twice. Each time, my post appeared under my account for a few minutes, but then disappeared. All I want is to ask a question.

daressolos

May 19, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone in this thread been successful in getting their posts posted? I continue to try but nothing. It is very frustrating not to be able to send a message that we can't post. I have tried to email the moderator, but that email address bounces back too.

What is the point of a forum where one can't post?

michaelgordon

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Hi all, im bumping this as i cant seem to post, tried in the hifi forum and it dissapeared just tried to say hello here and that is also not showing. Is there anything that i can do?

posdef

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
admin said:
NOTE from MODS - apologies - there is a high level of spamming on the forum at the moment which means settings have been set to maximum in order to try and prevent this overwhelming the forum. An unfortunate byproduct is some innocent posts are lost also. You should now be okay to post though, so please try again.

This is extremely frustrating as I had written down a pretty darn long post about pros/cons etc. If innocent posts are killed as well, why do we see "Forum topic XYZ has been created."?

Can we at least get some tips on how to avoid our posts filtered out? Will removing links to specific products help, for instance?

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
We have created a new setting in our CMS which we can allocate to trusted users so they don't have to fill in the Captcha box created by our spam filter. I am testing it this afternoon, and we hope to have it live on the site later this week, so that should help alleviate the problem.

Pappabetalar

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
I seem to have the same issue. I just registered and posted a new thread after which I got the message:

"Forum topic Would you get a used high-end plasma or budget 4k TV? has been created."

However when I checked the forum where I posted it ( http://www.whathifi.com/forums/tvs-and-projectors ) there is no such new thread. Noticed I had some kind of activation email in the inbox, so I clicked the link and logged in again. Tried re-creating the thread but the same thing happened. I.e. got the confirmation but no thread is visible.

Is there anything I can do about this? Being slightly wiser I emailed myself the contents of the post so that I can try again later (or more probable use another forum if this one isn't working at all).

I really wish you would inform the user in some way if you are going to delete their first threads as this is of course quite frustrating. Of course if you just moderate the new users posts for spam, them perhaps a different message would be in order.

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
I posted in the "Your system" forum yesterday, and it did not show up! At first I thaught it was a glitch so i re-poseted it, but then when i did not show up for a second time I knew something was wrong.

Can an admin please sort this out for me.

Yours Sincerly: Elliott Veares

Deezedandconfused

Dec 28, 2014
Visit site
Hi, Posted this in the home cinema section but disappeared. Will try here to see if i can avoid the spam filter.

I have just become the proud owner of a Sony Bravia KD55X8505 4k led tv, and now need to upgrade my sound system. At present I have an old Samsung DVD 5.1 home cinema in a box but feel I need to invest in something better. Most of our viewing is done via a sky HD box and I am an avid gamer using a Playstation 4. The room in question is about 6m x 5m.

My budget is around the £500 mark but could stretch a little for the right product. I am looking for some help and advice as I am not the most knowledgeable on this subject.

I currently have a stereo pair of play 1’s in the room (I am very happy with the sound when streaming music via deezer or from a NAS). I am unsure whether to go for a Sonos soundbar (the stretch) and add the sub at a later date or use something like the Sony BDV- N5200W or ONKYO HT- 54505(B) set up. I have a play 3 in another room which could also be utilised.

Is there any other system that could utilise the play 1’s as rear speakers through an AV receiver, or is this only possible with connect or connect amp which would probably use too much or my budget.

So to summarise, should I add a Sonos soundbar to my play 1’s, go for something like Sony BDV- N5200W, or piece together some other system that will use the play 1’s as rear speakers saving me money, allowing for better components for the rest of the set up.

Any help or suggestions will be gratefully received.

hi all im french .... already sorry for my english not so good :(
i have same problem ... i would open 1 topic for people help me but can t

if someone can help me thx :)

i would post that : hi im french then my english not so good sorry :(

i read this review Philips HTL5140 : http://www.whathifi.com/philips/htl5140/review ...

i think this is good for me .... and this review is very good ... but price for this model in france now is 300euros

but for this model up PHILIPS HTL6140B in france this time her prices is 400euros less 20%.... then good price ...

but i dont find review for this model....

then i search somes kinds peoples can giver me her help for i buy good models .... :)

u think HTL6140B will be really better than HRL5140B????

thx for all and im really sorry for my level in english :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts