My first hifi buy. But what interconnects

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
:) Ive just upgraded from a denon n7 n bx2s. To a cyrus new 8dac. Cdtx an stream x2 with a pair of gloss monitor audio rx6 an a cyrus hark 11 stand but yes its a huge upgrade but the free interconnects dont add justice i recive delivery nextweek. But as its upmarket. I want some good interconnects. But have no clue where to start as im clueless.

Will get pics up asap :)

A

Anonymous

That is a very good point. Its just if they dont do it for me

A

Anonymous

As far as i know. Digital interconnects dont come with it an no cyrus ones dont either. I think il see what come first. Been on the phone to hifix an was told chord signture are best to go for at that level of equitment

T

the record spot

Hifix are recommending a pair of £160 Chord Signatures eh? Did they offer you sale or return if you don't like them, or any other interconnects you could also try out to compare and contrast?

Here's what I did a few years ago: £7 went on some AV Gear interconnects, £30 on a pair of QED Qunex, a pair of Monster Interlink 400s came free with something off Gumtree, and rounded off by a pair of £200+ Atlas Navigators.

The difference? Almost negligible between all three. Subtle at best. Nothing like the "night and day" a lot of hifi types will lob around. I use the Monsters and the Atlas ones.

I've used them with wide range of gear, costing peanuts to costing around £1000 a pop. Currently using a Harman Kardon HK6850 amp, a Denon DVD 3930 universal player (£1000 in its day), a Marantz CD52 SE MkII (£300 in its day back in the early 90s).

Ask HiFix to let you try some out at different price points and then swap them round (or get a friend to do it and not tell you which ones are going in). Then decide. Bear in mind, by far and awar the biggest differentiators will always be the core component gear you're using - speakers, amps and source. Cables and the rest is filed under "tweakery" - beware!

A

Anonymous

Thanks for your detail. I was not aware I could do sale or return. I a bit clueless with the cable side. Do you know if I can use 2 digital interconnects ie. 8dac to cdt n 8dac to stream x

A

Anonymous

Thanks for your detail. I was not aware I could do sale or return. I a bit clueless with the cable side. Do you know if I can use 2 digital interconnects ie. 8dac to cdt n 8dac to stream x

T

the record spot

You'd just need to check the digital input connectivity options to see if you can use two. On the Onkyo TX8050 (for example) there are two digital coax and two optical input options. See what connectivity options you have and you can decide what you're able to do then.

EDIT: Just checked and you can - 2xoptical, 2xcoaxial, 1xUSB. See here:-

9bcf476f43d6845c733f343e4b83799e54bef0bd.jpg

A

Anonymous

Jamiejay1983 said:
As far as i know. Digital interconnects dont come with it an no cyrus ones dont either. I think il see what come first. Been on the phone to hifix an was told chord signture are best to go for at that level of equitment

I'm sure that they would be delighted to sell you some copper wire at £144/metre or whatever.

Googled "Chord Signature" and read the sales blurb - someone is having a laugh here - "Each end of the cable is clamped with a specially designed aluminium clamp. A lot of work was put into the construction of this. We wished to hold the cable securely but not to compress the cable in any way, since doing so would result in a loss of performance".

A

Anonymous

Thankyou so much. Im gonna keep this open n set up the system n see what connects im getting. Fingers crossed for the sales lol :D

T

the record spot

If you want to try pricier stuff (or have to...!) use Gumtree or Ebay, you'll find plenty of cut price options on higher priced cables there. Or, buy new and take hit, but make sure you can do the aforesaid sale or return thing so you're not stuck with a pup.

And be honest, if you don't hear a difference, simply don't buy.

Superaintit

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
Dnm cables are supposed to go well with Cyrus gear, so that would be an option. Cyrus' own interconnect is based on it.

If it were my money though I'd go for van damme.

They supply for professional audio. I own the LC-ofc interconnect. It's cheap and a great buy IMO.

You might also want to consider a 2nd hand Cyrus psx-r rather then expensive cabling.

A

Anonymous

Cyrus don't come with interconnects (apart from the MC Bus cables - but I wouldn't recommend you use these for interconnects) so if the dealer has not supplied you any you may have a problem.

http://www.rdhworld.myzen.co.uk/smfcu/index.php?topic=19393.0

This is a thread on the cyrus unoffical forum about digital cables, browse the forum as there are lots of comments on cables that work well with Cyrus. Strangely, the opinion is that Cyrus own brand cables are not the best

pete321

Aug 20, 2008
Visit site
Having tried many different analogue interconnects, I tend to always come back to the DNM Reson TBB100 with Eichmann plugs (don't be tempted by the cheaper non-bullet plug version). The only one I've found which I prefer is the the similar Cyrus interconnect, albeit at almost twice the price.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts