My cinema room & HiFi

duaplex

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Details of my Cinema room are below

Equipment

Arcam AVR850 processor
Audio Control Savoy G3 - Controlling main channels (7 speakers)
Naim 272 Streamer
Linn Sondek LP Player
JL Audio CR1
Oppo 203D
HTPC Powered with AMD A10 Kaveri, loaded with Kodi
Synolofy Nas - Movie rips
Sony VW500ES Projector

Speakers

3x MK S300
4x MK S300T
4x MK IW85
2x JL Fathom F212

Screen[/b]

Seymour Stage 2:35 ratio screen

Rack

Atacama Evoque Eco

Big thank you to Allan at Ideal AV for making this happen.

duaplex

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Projector Rack - Note the 751BD is replaced with the Oppo 103D

KSK_8987_zpsy2l0md1u.jpg

duaplex

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
One of four IW85's for Atmos

KSK_9048_zpscteaphjd.jpg

One of 4 - S300T for surround speaker

KSK_9027_zps1jv8y2s4.jpg

The Rack

KSK_9000_zps730pfr1z.jpg

More of the rack and projector

KSK_8987_zpsy2l0md1u.jpg

Room - walls have been cleaned up

KSK_8974_zpspdmiuhot.jpg

The MK brand

KSK_9079_zpsqobcz56h.jpg

duaplex

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Thank you all,

It does bring me great joy. I had to make sure this room was well sound proofed too. The walls are 1ft thick to prevent sound leakage disturbing the Neighbours. After 6 months, no complaints so far :)

duaplex

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
bigboss said:
Lovely setup! *good*

Is the screen acoustically transparent then? Those subwoofers look insane!! *shok*

Yep acoustically transparent and I have just finihsed putting up the Black devore Velvet wall for the screen area.

The Fathoms are something else BB. In Prometheus there is a shotgun blast when the engineer first emerges - believe me when I tell you, it feels like you get shot!. If you are ever down this way (Cheshunt) let me know and I will invite you over for a listen :)

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Very nice - liking the choices in here after hearing similar systems recently.

What's it sound like for music? Was that part of your design or purely films?

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
If anyone isn't yet feeling absolutely sick / green with envy, this a review of the JL Audio Fathom F212 subwoofer, of which the OP has TWO!

http://mediacdn.jlaudio.com/media/mfg/9013/media_document/live_1/Home_Cinema_f212_review.p

You'll have to expand the automatic zoom, but the second section begins with the sentences "There's no point beating about the bush. The performance of this sub is just incredible."

Or there is this other review http://www.soundandvision.com/content/jl-audio-fathom-f212-subwoofer , which also absolutely loves it.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Thats a top setup, that projector is amazing seen that and was in awe of the PQ. I thought I had seen great PQ but I hadnt until then

Those are great sepakers for HC been very impressed with them, the subs would very much love to hear what they can do - that room looks a good size for them

What will be most interesting is how its all setup / integrated speakers to sub / across several controllers etc for all the channels.

ideal av

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
i was very proud to have been chosen to be involved with this Home Cinema Room, H and his wife came to see me having been to several other installers/retailers in and around London and southern counties where the streets are actually paved with gold so they must think, and after having heard how good an MK/JL system can sound at less than 50% of the cost of the others they had demo`ed his mind was made up in an instant

its a fantastic room both audibly and video wise, massive amounts of work was done to acheive the end result and i`d argue it ranks as being one of the best in the country for audio, for the money probably the best

what the posted review says about the JL Audio F212 subwoofers doesn`t really do them the credit they deserve, They really are "subwoofers of the gods" as once described and combined with the MK S300`s is a recipe for an absolute killer system

with the Dirac Live EQ software upgrade soon it will be even better

well done, its a fantastic acheivement and I hope you`ll get years of enjoyment out of it

once again thank you for allowing me to be involved from day 1, it was a pleasure

Allan @ Ideal AV
thumbs_up.gif

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
It's very pleasing to read that both the customer retailer / installer are so happy with the result.. To be the best in the country for audio relative to the money spent is a tremendous accomplishment. *acute*

(I myself live on the first floor of a four-storey block of tenement flats, so there'll be no home cinema conversions here, not even if I win the lottery!)

duaplex

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
To answer the quesiton about music. The system performs very well with music. While It was not the primary reason for me, movies are the focus - you won't find this setup lacking in detail. Of course, a dedicated HiFi setup of a similar price range would beat it.

It would be interesting to have a dedicated HiFi amp and record player connected to the speakers, but then again the speakers are not ideally placed for Stereo. Tricky!

I just installed some acoustic panlels to help remove the slap echo effect in the room. So far its worked a real treat!

You are all more than welcome for a visit guys :)

duaplex

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Son_of_SJ said:
It's very pleasing to read that both the customer retailer / installer are so happy with the result.. To be the best in the country for audio relative to the money spent is a tremendous accomplishment. *acute*

(I myself live on the first floor of a four-storey block of tenement flats, so there'll be no home cinema conversions here, not even if I win the lottery!)

My bank account winced ;) it is 100% worth it SJ

I went thought a very painstaking process of sound proofing this room. It is a room within a room, so you go through two doors before getting in. I live in a terrace house, so you can imagine my concern with those monsters (F212's). Lets just put it this way, I have never wanted a detached home more - until this project *biggrin*

duaplex

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
ellisdj said:
Thats a top setup, that projector is amazing seen that and was in awe of the PQ. I thought I had seen great PQ but I hadnt until then

Those are great sepakers for HC been very impressed with them, the subs would very much love to hear what they can do - that room looks a good size for them

What will be most interesting is how its all setup / integrated speakers to sub / across several controllers etc for all the channels.

The room is 6x5 meters. So not too bad. Some would call it crazy. I could of happily lived with the F112's in the room too.

Incidently, I am planning to add the Dirac system in here soon. I have read good things about it.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Hi Duaplex - I dont live far from Cheshunt - I feel have pretty good setup for the most part also living in a terraced house and would absolutely love to come and have a look / listen to yours if there is an offer there.

I have always wanted to hear a JL sub and there is no better demo of jl in my mind than what you have.

The fact you have put some acoustic treatment in is even more interesting to me as that is what I have done also

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts