My amplifier went away to be modified, it was opened up and.......

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

idc

Musical Fidelity Resolution
emotion-21.gif

Wow, blimey and wow again. How is this for a resolution and customer service from Musical Fidelity. Antony Michaelson, founder and MD of Musical Fidelity has phoned me to personally apologise. We had an excellent conversation about my set up, he did not even pause when I explained that I use an ipod as my source! I even got a headphone recommendation. The result is, I am to send back the V2 and will get it replaced with a V8! So I phoned at 0915 and by 1600 I had the best resolution anyone could ever expect. Hats off to MF, Antony, Simon and Indira and much appreciation.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Sounds like a good resolution - impressive to see a company putting a mistake right after so long a time.

I'm not sure AM does Googlage, alienrik - after all, we're talking a company that's not hot on email! - and I think your cynicism is misplaced in this case, True Blue.

A

Anonymous

Sounds like a great result! and should help them gain face and maybe the odd customer in the future. So well done MF for puting this right.Idc let us know how much of an improvement this is, as you know I have just dipped my toe into the Headphone amp world and could be keen to upgrade soonish!!

idc

This has happened so quickly ( I first found out diner time Friday about the problem, so if you miss out the weekend it has taken under 24 hours ) I refuse to be anything other than delighted at the kindness and good service I have been shown and on that note........

Rock Grotto
emotion-21.gif
http://www.rock-grotto.co.uk/xcanpropage.htm

Mike Grierson at Rock Grotto has lost business over this. I have offered to pay for the packing and post to send the amp to MF and for the time he has spent taking the amp apart, photographing it and the dozen of so e-mails we have exchanged, but he has refused. He has been truely excellent to deal with and if he ever offers an upgrade service for Musical Fidelity XcanV8s well...........!

idc

.....I also want to thank the forum members who have contributed to this thread, Fast Eddie for offering to pick up a receipt from Loud & Clear, Andrew Everard, my cat, the Moderator, the 1000 plus viewers of the post, God and you are all so beautiful..............

.....I'm so happy, yeah!

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Andrew Everard:

Sounds like a good resolution - impressive to see a company putting a mistake right after so long a time.

I'm not sure AM does Googlage, alienrik - after all, we're talking a company that's not hot on email! - and I think your cynicism is misplaced in this case, True Blue.

Possibly.

Im on the fence to be honest. Take into consideration my dad has only JUST dealt with them so im a little wary of the result. Ive also had a similar experience this week due to me ordering a marantz pre amp processor from an internet shop. It was all looking very bad until the guys themselves went onto the forum id voiced my concerns with (NOT this forum) and dealt with me direct. If he hadnt have been on said forum then I doubt that id have had as much of a result as I did (Especially reading everyone elses problems with them)

idc

Hi Rick, you state that the sound from your dads MF is now amazing. For me, we all make mistakes or get things wrong. That is not the issue, the final result is the issue and both myself and your dad are very happy in the end. I deal with unhappy customers all the time. The ones who find it easiest to get satisfaction are the ones who produce evidence of what went wrong, dont turn it into a battle and have a clear objective as to how to finalise the complaint. I also admit a bit of luck is involved and it does help for a problem to be raised that attracts senior management attention. In this case as Chayworth said earlier, this was like buying a three litre and getting a two. That is a cracker as they say. I spent hours at the weekend searching the internet, trawling forums and I could find no other examples of what happened. Bear in mind MF kit attracts modders, so loads will have been opened.

Antony Michaelson openly admitted he is an internetphobe. Fine, you could e-mail them and they would still be open 9-5 generally and 1-3 for technical advice to reply. I bet most companies are like that.

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
idc:

Hi Rick, you state that the sound from your dads MF is now amazing. For me, we all make mistakes or get things wrong. That is not the issue, the final result is the issue and both myself and your dad are very happy in the end.

Absolutely
emotion-21.gif

A

Anonymous

This story makes a strong case for buying from local British hi-fi manufacturers!

alanalan

Apr 27, 2009
Visit site
Great result idc!

And a good example of how to deal with companies the right way - speaking to them politely before demanding anything can sometimes bring great results. I'm not certain that if you phoned up yelling and screaming about trading standards and/or sale of goods you'd have had quite the same pleasant chat with the MD, and probably not ended up with such a good resolution.

Well done and I hope you enjoy your new amp!

bigblue235

Aug 22, 2007
Visit site
Really glad you've got it all resolved, and kudos to the companies involved for sorting things out.

I was going to post earlier, with clarification about the SoGA and all that stuf, but that can get people a little wound up, so I left it in the hope it would be resolved sensibly by the manufacturer! I wish more people (in fact, all people) would be like your good self, and would try for an amicable settlement before quoting their "rights".

Do keep us updated, and let us know how it sounds in the end!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts