My 2 channel set up.

shooter

May 4, 2008
Visit site
DSCF4869.jpg

This picture is of the full set up and taken 14ft away. The speakers are 12.5ft apart. The system is as follow's;

DSCF4896.jpg

Chord CPM 3300 integrated amplifier which is MOSFET powered outputting 220Wpc RMS into 8 ohms, 300Wpc RMS into 4 ohms respectively.

DSCF4894.jpg

System controller. I use this for volume control and gain setting's.

DSCF4870.jpg

Totem Mani II Signature speakers in the now unavailable Maple. Impedance 4 ohm, frequency response 29Hz-20kHz ±3dB and Sensitivity: 85dB. The Mani's are two Dynaudio drivers in isobaric (back to back) fashion toped with SEAS tweeter.

DSCF4885.jpg

DSCF4889.jpg

Rear binding posts with Cardas Jumper cable's and Kimber Monocle X speaker cable.

DSCF4873.jpg

Musical Fidelity Nu-Vista 3D CD player.

DSCF4892.jpg

VPI Superscout Master turntable with 180gram centre weight and Mini Super Feet. The Synchronous Drive System (SDS) which is the turntable motor speed controller is situated out of site hidden behind the CD's and easily accessible for on and off power.

DSCF4878.jpg

Dynavector XX2 MK2 cartridge.

DSCF4879.jpg

DSCF4880.jpg

Dynavector P75 stage and Cardas Golden Reference interconnects. 0.5 meter length to the stage the 1m length to the amp. The 1m meter length is a universal interconnect that i use with all sources.

DSCF4872.jpg

Isotek Mini Sub and Sony Playstation 1, model SCPH 1001. The 1st generation Minisub mains conditioner has 6 sockets on the rear split in pairs. 2 for power hungary amp's and/or power amp's. 2 for digital and 2 for analog item's. The PS1 does get a look in now and then and recently have been listening to quite regular. It give's a very interesting analog/organic sound. Really quite beguiling.

DSCF4884.jpg

Behind the scenes with various power cables as follows. 1 meter Russ Andrews Signature Powercord with W350iag plug feeding the amp. 1.5 meter Van Den Hul Mainstream BS feeding the CDP. 2 meter shielded cable feeding the Mini Sub. 1 meter shielded cable feeding PS1. 1 meter Chord iChord from AE to amp.

DSCF4883.jpg

Thanks for your time.

Charlie Jefferson

Sep 2, 2007
Visit site
As an atheist, is it alright to say I covet your amplifier?

Truly, madly, deeply.

Just when I thought I was happy with my set-up, I had to glance and then gaze in wonder at such a splendid sight.

And don't get me started with mention of your turntable. . .

It all looks, and surely sounds, great.

Peace etc.

shooter

May 4, 2008
Visit site
Charlie Jefferson:As an atheist, is it alright to say I covet your amplifier?

Truly, madly, deeply.

Just when I thought I was happy with my set-up, I had to glance and then gaze in wonder at such a splendid sight.

And don't get me started with mention of your turntable. . .

It all looks, and surely sounds, great.

Peace etc.

Thanks for your kind words Charlie.

I love the turntable, it's no nonsense table in the sense of no tweaking or faffing once set up, just switch it on and go. It's a beautiful thing!

shooter

May 4, 2008
Visit site
DSCF4897.jpg

The VPI SDS synchronous drive system. This is where the turntable motor is controlled from. The 59Hz reading on the front is how you set the platter speed. Instead of having the conventional speed setting's VPI use this method as unit itself is available to use worldwide thus getting over the problems with varying voltages. You can do 33 1/3, 45 and 78rpm and anything in between! I set this up easily by picking an album i have in both CD and vinyl and tuning it in this way. You could really go to town and buy a strobe disc and light but i thought it this is a pretty full proof way of doing it as long as the CDP is okay!
DSCF4899.jpg

In hiding and a sneak peak at some cd's!

Charlie Jefferson

Sep 2, 2007
Visit site
pwiles1968:
shooter69:
DSCF4883.jpg
Thanks for your time.

And and Airport Express is that
emotion-1.gif

Beautiful Setup.

There's something wrong with me ( or rather, there's even more wrong with me than I previously knew), because I can't stop ogling your cables. And your set-up in general.

My wife (to be) has noticed someone on eBay is selling a version of your turntable and plonked it in my watching list. And whatismore, has yet to make disapproving noises about why I would need such an upgrade. (I think her handbag-related spending spree of the last er, six years has finally elicited a guilty pang or two).

Now there's several ways of looking at this, knowing my partner as I do, either she's lulling me into a false sense of security as some arcane pre-nuptial test or she's gone crazy, in the material sense, and splashed out on a watch/ring/dress/bag of inordinate expense and has yet to tell me.

Did I mention I crave your amp too? Oh yes, I did.

Would go nicely with my DAC, methinks.

shooter

May 4, 2008
Visit site
Charlie Jefferson:There's something wrong with me ( or rather, there's even more wrong with me than I previously knew), because I can't stop ogling your cables.

emotion-8.gif
emotion-1.gif

Charlie Jefferson:My wife (to be) has noticed someone on eBay is selling a version of your turntable and plonked it in my watching list.

Thats nearly a reference deck he has there. If it had the Mini Feet and a 12 inch arm instead of the 9 it would be. I bought the basic model and added the feet and clamp. Wasn't interested in the Nordost cabling as i use copper throughout the system but he has the Periphery Ring which sits on the outside of the platter and the direct drive motor assembly. It's a nice deck alright and with your record collection of 2000+!

Charlie Jefferson:Did I mention I crave your amp too? Oh yes, I did. Would go nicely with my DAC, methinks.

Yes it would!

Cheers.
emotion-21.gif

Craig M.

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
great setup, your amp looks soooo sweet, and i think i'd be happy to pay for the t.t. just to look at - really wish i had a load of vinyl sometimes.
emotion-11.gif
you must have tall ceilings, your stands look tiny.
emotion-1.gif

i'd be tempted to stick a rug on the floor though...
emotion-5.gif

shooter

May 4, 2008
Visit site
Craig M.:
great setup, your amp looks soooo sweet, and i think i'd be happy to pay for the t.t. just to look at - really wish i had a load of vinyl sometimes.
emotion-11.gif
you must have tall ceilings, your stands look tiny.
emotion-1.gif

i'd be tempted to stick a rug on the floor though...
emotion-5.gif

Always room for a TT Craig, some great engineering goes into these decks and they look great.

We do have a nice deep pile rug that's normally down but were house training a puppy at the moment, hopefully in a few months it'll be back. She is getting better!
emotion-2.gif

Charlie Jefferson

Sep 2, 2007
Visit site
Hi Shooter,

Re my 2,000 plus LPs.

I tried to rationalize my Chord DAC purchase several years ago, in terms of it costing about £1 a piece to enhance my entire CD collection.

Now I'm trying to do the same in relation to a vinyl upgrade. But looking at the prices, am I right in thinking it's going to be nearer to £4 an LP, when all is costed?

shooter

May 4, 2008
Visit site
Charlie Jefferson:Now I'm trying to do the same in relation to a vinyl upgrade. But looking at the prices, am I right in thinking it's going to be nearer to £4 an LP, when all is costed?

If it was a new reference deck it would be £4 per record but there are variants starting with the basic (the one i have) which would work out at less that £2 per record. On top of that though you would need a cartridge which bumps it up again.
I paid just under 4k delivered including the feet and Dynavector cart, i bought the clamp from Audio Seduction once it had arrived but the wait for the deck was something around 14 weeks (came direct from VPI via importer) and saved well over 1k doing the way. If your really get interested i can demo it for you and to speak about how to get it. I'm in South Oxfordshire.
TBH that deck on e-bay is great value and if you could get it for 3.5k including the cart would be worth considering, he seems a reputable seller.

shooter

May 4, 2008
Visit site
shooter69:Charlie Jefferson:Now I'm trying to do the same in relation to a vinyl upgrade. But looking at the prices, am I right in thinking it's going to be nearer to £4 an LP, when all is costed?

If it was a new reference deck it would be £4 per record but there are variants starting with the basic (the one i have) which would work out at less that £2 per record. On top of that though you would need a cartridge which bumps it up again.
I paid just under 4k delivered including the feet and Dynavector cart, i bought the clamp from Audio Seduction once it had arrived but the wait for the deck was something around 14 weeks (came direct from VPI via importer) and saved well over 1k doing the way. If your really get interested i can demo it for you and to speak about how to get it. I'm in South Oxfordshire.
TBH that deck on e-bay is great value and if you could get it for 3.5k including the cart would be worth considering, he seems a reputable seller.

Hold on.

Deck and feet £2960, cart £800 and weight £153.

chris hollands

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Yea, looks fab, i am in the process of selling my vinyl collection after selling my Gyro SE last year .I ran it with the Dynavector P75,a fantastic phono stage that made my previous Trichord Dino,Dino Plus ,seem basic!!

I always fancied a VPI .

Wish i had not sold my records now, cheers mate !!!!

lol.

Charlie Jefferson

Sep 2, 2007
Visit site
shooter69:Charlie Jefferson:Now I'm trying to do the same in relation to a vinyl upgrade. But looking at the prices, am I right in thinking it's going to be nearer to £4 an LP, when all is costed?

Hi,

Thanks for your calculations, comments and kind offer of a demo. I'm certainly interested, but it may have to be a little further down the line, perhaps. Then again, when the urge strikes, there's always a means and a way to proceed.

I'm in West Yorkshire, but would really appreciate a chance to see & hear how it's set-up, and sounds. If and when I go for it, that is. I'll let you know, and if you're still offering a demo, I'd love to take you up on the offer.

The covet continues . . .

robjcooper

Sep 29, 2008
Visit site
Shooter,

Just a couple of questions:

1: Where do you live?

2: When are you next out for say 2 hours?

3: And is there anywhere to park a hired van

An absolutely stunning looking system, which must give you hours of total pleasure.

I'm greener than shrek in a robin hood suit !

Rob

shooter

May 4, 2008
Visit site
chris hollands:
Yea, looks fab, i am in the process of selling my vinyl collection after selling my Gyro SE last year .I ran it with the Dynavector P75,a fantastic phono stage that made my previous Trichord Dino,Dino Plus ,seem basic!!

I always fancied a VPI .

Wish i had not sold my records now, cheers mate !!!!

lol.

Yes the P75 is very special, i cant fault it it any way and suits the cartridge well, a bargain to boot. I had the Benz Lukaschek which is a nice stage in it's own right but it coloured the sound with a warm glow, nice if you like that kind of thing, not for me though. The P75 has minimal coloration, if any, and you hear whats on the record good or bad. I'm not into 80's music per se, but the likes of Phil Collins, Dire Straits and Labi Saffri (who i do like) who's recording's are done in analog, you can hear the warmth from the machines that were used in the various processes and the difference in them, it's quite an amazing phono stage. There is a down side though in that a poor pressing will be exposed as such. The Band of Horses current release is bordering on unlistenable.

Can't believe you sold the Gyro, lovely deck.

shooter

May 4, 2008
Visit site
robjcooper:
Shooter,

Just a couple of questions:

1: Where do you live?

2: When are you next out for say 2 hours?

3: And is there anywhere to park a hired van

An absolutely stunning looking system, which must give you hours of total pleasure.

I'm greener than shrek in a robin hood suit !

Rob

Cheers Rob, that's pretty green!!!!
emotion-21.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts