musical fidelity vs dacmagic 2009

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
hi just got one question?

got a mac mini running into a hi fi a musical fidelity x24k dac into a musical fidelity x-a200r amplifier.

to me the sound is really good but the dac is quite old now so i was wondering would the new cambridge audio dac magic be a step up sound wise. or will it be a step to the side. has dac's got that good that i should replace this with a dacmagic.

A

Anonymous

I can't answer specifically but I do have a Dacmagic and a VDac. My preference is for the VDac. Not sure if that helps......

You could always get a Dacmagic and if you dont like it then I think you have a couple of weeks to take it back.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
jon e:
hi just got one question?

got a mac mini running into a hi fi a musical fidelity x24k dac into a musical fidelity x-a200r amplifier.

to me the sound is really good but the dac is quite old now so i was wondering would the new cambridge audio dac magic be a step up sound wise. or will it be a step to the side. has dac's got that good that i should replace this with a dacmagic.

I think the DacMagic comes into it's own when the balanced connections are utilised. Seeing as your amp doesn't have XLR connectivity, I concur with my fellow DM (ex)owners.

A

Anonymous

thanks for the advice i reckon the v-dac is most probably a x24k dac but has got cheaper money wise.A lot of people prefer the v-dac over the dacmagic.So i'll keep the x-24k just did not know if i was missing out on better sound quality form newer dac's but looking on forum's it seems people prefer the older dac's anyway.

A

Anonymous

Hi again like to hear peoples views on upgrading what you all ready have to get the most out of it.

Example's Isolation platform's marble glass or wood.

How much to pay on digital cable's optical.

Spiked brass feet rubber or cork etc

Speaker cable thickness of strands.

Even weight's you put on top of amplifier's to cut down vibration for better sound.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts