Musical fidelity M1 dac with leema pulse amplifer Xero speakers

macipod

Mar 6, 2008
Visit site
Hi

I would like to know if anybody as tried this combination,I have a rdac at the moment which I use via USB connection,I just read the M1 has been upgraded to have a asynchronous USB connection also.

would the M1 be an improvement over the rdac?

Would the m1 work well with the leema gear ?

Leema pulse amp

Leema xero speakers

Any advise would be appreciated.

shafesk

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
The M1s will definitely be an upgrade to the rdac....I cannot however comment on the combo, not having heard the Leemas. Essentially, to me MF stuff sounds very clean....if thats the stuff you feel would point the Leemas in the right direction then go for it. Also wondering why you are not considering the Rega Dac or a bit higher end stuff like the Benchmark Dac or even the Dac from Stello?

richardw42

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I've just gone from rdac to the M1. For me it was so worth it. But Ive never got on with Arcam, and like MF. so maybe it's a personal thing maybe. I'd see if you could get one on loan.

One other thing, there still seems plenty of M1s for sale without the upgrade so double check you're getting the new, asynchronous one. BTW I don't use the USB input so I haven't experienced differences on this input.

macipod

Mar 6, 2008
Visit site
Hi

Thank you for the help will try to get one on loan over the weekend, anymore input would be welcome.

I think the rega dacs usb connection is not as good as the m1 dac Because it's not asynchronous correct me if I'm wrong.

Reason I'm am concerned about the USB connection is because all my music is computer based.

datay

Nov 19, 2008
Visit site
macipod said:
Hi

Thank you for the help will try to get one on loan over the weekend, anymore input would be welcome.

I think the rega dacs usb connection is not as good as the m1 dac Because it's not asynchronous correct me if I'm wrong.

Reason I'm am concerned about the USB connection is because all my music is computer based.

You are correct - and not only that, it is limited to 16/44.1. Which would mean adding something like the excellent MF V-Link, the small amount of circuitry within which has presumably been added to the async M1 anyway. So get the M1.

T

the record spot

In th event that it hasn't, don't overlook Musical Fidelity's stablemate for the M1, the junior V-DAC II, which incorporates the V-Link in the body of the design/housing - circa £200 I think.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts