Music Files

Dermondo

Oct 4, 2009
Visit site
Hi all, can anyone tell me what is the best quality audio format to listen to music from my external hd to my denon 2311, as I have discovered it won't read, apple lossless or flac, many thanks in advance

pwiles1968

Mar 22, 2009
Visit site
Lossless is the Best Quality, but if the dennon will not read any of the lossless formats, try AAC, WMA or MP3 at 320kbps. I am not sure which is best I have read claims but will not post them as I have not done assessments myself, I would recommend you choose a format that is easiest for you to convert to.

Dermondo

Oct 4, 2009
Visit site
pwiles1968:Lossless is the Best Quality, but if the dennon will not read any of the lossless formats, try AAC, WMA or MP3 at 320kbps. I am not sure which is best I have read claims but will not post them as I have not done assessments myself, I would recommend you choose a format that is easiest for you to convert to.

Mnay thanks

Red Dragon

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Dermondo:pwiles1968:Lossless is the Best Quality, but if the dennon will not read any of the lossless formats, try AAC, WMA or MP3 at 320kbps. I am not sure which is best I have read claims but will not post them as I have not done assessments myself, I would recommend you choose a format that is easiest for you to convert to.

Mnay thanks

I would agree that WMA or AAC would be best but 320kbps downloaded MP3 files are alomost as good...don't understand why your amp doesn't play the other lossless formats tho...I wouls uggest you look into the possibility of a software download that may be available for your new amp...worth a try I would think...?

Good luck mate !!

oh, and got my setup working with optical cable from PC to amp at last so it's iTunes & Spotify all the way now with amp doing all the DAC work...much better sound quality !! Maybe this is an option for you too eh?

A

Anonymous

Buy yourself a 1080p media player like the Wd Live Hub, playonHD and use that to play flac.

The difference in quality is well worth the money (£@100)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts