MUSIC FIDELITY - X10-D

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi, I work in the pro audio business, where the company I work for makes digital mixing desks, analogue desk, mic splitters, digital sound processors etc.

One of the blokes from work has given me a Music Fidelity X10-D, it is meant to be an impedence controller that you put between the cd and amp (in line). It has valves in it, so should be smooth.

I have a new Arcam diva cd192 and creek evo amp, with epos m5. I have chord silverscreen speaker cable and van den hul hybrid interconnect..

Has anybody heard about this item and how good is it, what does it do, and would it make a difference..... all your comments would be welcome

A

Anonymous

Thats what I thought it would do, but am unsure if it would add anything to my system...

Where I work, all the older guys have these strange devices all over the shop in work. Alot of them use reel to reel and valve everything, even to test all our audio equipment in work

A

Anonymous

I have the MF 3.5 amp and cd player. I remember seeing on ebay someone selling the equipment I have plus the buffer. I contacted him about the buffer. He said that for him the sound was that much sweeter with the buffer. I was close to buying the thing from a shop when the owner advised me against it saying it is really for lower-end equipment and would be wasted on mine. If I were wealthy I would have got it anyway (£300) just to see. So I am none the wiser but will follow this post with interest.

A

Anonymous

I will try it out on both my systems, as I have the cambridge 640v2 amp and cd plus the br2's as my bedroom system. I don't know if it will do anything to my main system, as I am hoping that it is past the budget area now...

But it may do something to the one upstairs, and smooth it out abit.

I will let you all know my findings after the weekend.

A

Anonymous

I've toyed with getting one of these from ebay in the past as it should add that nice smooth valve sound. Reading a bit more on the Web suggests that it better suits cheaper CDPs like bright DVD players and helps them to become more bearable in hifi. Dunno. Either way you will gain smoothness at the loss of something, detail probably. Sounds like a last ditch solution to me.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts