Music CDs on Blu-ray Player

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
What's your opinion on using a BD player for music CDs?

Currently I'm using a Panasonic BD-60 to double up as a cd player. It doesn't sound too bad via a NAD 326 amplifier and some 20 year old Tannoy Venus speakers.

Just wondering if a dedicated cd player, such as the NAD 545 or Marantz CD5003/6003 would improve the music a little?

Regards, Kit_w

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
A friendly Richer Sounds branch may let you purchase a DacMagic and a CD player (of a similar calibre to the Marantz you mentioned) and let you return one after you have decided whether there is any difference between playing CDs on your Blu-Ray player (connected with optical digital via the DacMagic) and playing them on the dedicated CDP.

(The DacMagic will enable you to plug in your computer and Freeview/Skybox/Cable box too.)

A

Anonymous

Thanks Andrew. Now I'm really starting to get that upgrade bug! Just a little curious about this, why would the cd players do better then the blu-ray?

Chebby, thanks for that and it's a good idea. Unfortunately I'm no where near one of those shops!

A

Anonymous

A dedicated cd player is optimised to play cd's like a blu-ray player is optimised to play blu-ray disc's.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts