Multiroom streaming

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I'm planning to set up media streaming in my apartment and the following set up is my idea, does anyone have any suggested improvements or see any obvious holes

Ive ordered a Synology 212j NAS with two 2tb enterprise hard drives to set up in RAID1. I will add sonos bridge and streamer to living room attached to my existing separate system for music, plus sonos players in the other rooms, I will use my xbox360 which is attached to my tv and projector and hiFi for the video streaming.

Anything I've missed? Will adding a media streamer to the living room be an improvement for the video if so do I need the sonos streamer? Losing the sonos from my main living space seems to defeat part of the reason for having it.

Help appreciated

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Delphibbio said:
Will adding a media streamer to the living room be an improvement for the video if so do I need the sonos streamer? Losing the sonos from my main living space seems to defeat part of the reason for having it.

Without the Sonos in the living room you wouldn't be able to sync the rest of the rooms with the living room.

And of course having got used to how easy Sonos is to use in the other rooms you'll quickly get fed up with the clunkiness of whatever media streamer you have in the living room and just end up buying a Sonos for in there anyway, so you might as well just save yourself the time and stick with the Sonos anyway.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts