Multimedia questions

badman112

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site
Hi Everyone

I need to know a few things and I have searched around and not found what I need to know very well so hence I am making a post.

1. What would be the best media player to play back films. I want one that does everything such as mkv, avi, mpeg, mp4, mp3, divx, flac, ect ect. (Specially vobs and iso's) I hope it has subtitle and audio support to if it ever came with dual audio. It would be a bonus if it was also a blu ray player that I can also use dvd too.
Well something that plays the whole lot through hard drive and usb at 1080 or whatever the rip is using the full capability of an av receiver connected through hdmi automatically. I mean is to say if it has bitstream enabled so I can use the best sound through my theatre system.

2. Do films or rips you download have the necessary play back for av receivers.

3. Does Internet stream movies and videos have automated sound playback for home theatre systems.

cheeseboy

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
have a look at the new amazon fire tv box. It's like the apple tv but you can sideload XBMC/Kodi on to it for all your multimedia playback needs :)

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
The WD Live TV boxes play anything too. Also take a look at some of the Android powered units such as Minx Neo.

These are probably the best bet and 1000% more useful than Apple TV which is very restrictive.

I'd get a separate BR player to be honest.

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
spiny norman said:
badman112 said:
Not sure what you mean.

Only that downloading rips is just an ever so teensy bit illegal.

****, you better inform Google, Microsoft, Apple and Amazon that they are breaking the law by providing rips for download!

Not to mention all the sites providing public domain videos, many of which will have been "ripped".

"Ei incumbit probatio qui dicit, non qui negat"

;)

http://www.educause.edu/focus-areas-and-initiatives/policy-and-security/educause-policy/issues-and-positions/intellectual-property/legal-sources-onli

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
fr0g said:
****, you better inform Google, Microsoft, Apple and Amazon that they are breaking the law by providing rips for download!

There's really no need to swear, and what those companies are providing is legal, licenced content, not content ripped illegally from CD, DVD or Blu-ray.

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
spiny norman said:
fr0g said:

There's really no need to swear, and what those companies are providing is legal, licenced content, not content ripped illegally from CD, DVD or Blu-ray.

Yes, and nowhere in his text did he say "illegal rips". You simply assumed guilt. He could just as likely mean rips downloaded from said "legal, licenced" parties *or indeed any number of licence free video sources.

And I don't regard "****" as swearing in this useage. It was for emphasis.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
fr0g said:
spiny norman said:
fr0g said:

Yes, and nowhere in his text did he say "illegal rips". You simply assumed guilt. He could just as likely mean rips downloaded from said "legal, licenced" parties *or indeed any number of licence free video sources.

Those don't tend to be referred to as "rips" though (ever seen Netflix use the word? I haven't). IME the word "rip" when applied to downloaded media almost always implies "illegal", so it's not an unreasonable inference to draw.

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
The_Lhc said:
fr0g said:
spiny norman said:
fr0g said:

Those don't tend to be referred to as "rips" though (ever seen Netflix use the word? I haven't). IME the word "rip" when applied to downloaded media almost always implies "illegal", so it's not an unreasonable inference to draw.

I'm sure it's ever totally reasonable to assume guilt based on tendency and work from there.

Lynch mob mentality?

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
fr0g said:
The_Lhc said:
fr0g said:
spiny norman said:
fr0g said:

I'm sure it's ever totally reasonable to assume guilt based on tendency and work from there.

And yet you're assuming innocence based on the same words? What's the difference, this isn't a court of law, it's a forum? It does have rules however and number 6 is:

6. Members must not promote illegal activities in any way, including linking to illegal material (this includes music, movie and TV downloads) in their posts.

so it's not unreasonable to ask the reason for the question before answering it.

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
The_Lhc said:
And yet you're assuming innocence based on the same words? What's the difference, this isn't a court of law, it's a forum? It does have rules however and number 6 is:

6. Members must not promote illegal activities in any way, including linking to illegal material (this includes music, movie and TV downloads) in their posts.

so it's not unreasonable to ask the reason for the question before answering it.

Nope, I am not assuming anything at all.

And indeed, it would be reasonable to "ask the question". That isn't what Spiny did. He jumped on the name badman and assumed guilt.

In the end I was simply pointing out that it is quite possible to download legal rips, something I have done myself (TED talks, Xbox Video, Google Play Video). Nowhere in the OP was the term illegal rips used. That was an assumption.

As far as I'm aware we are all innocent until proven guilty...by law. And in fact the only person who is almost certainly guilty on this thread, is Spiny...of Libel.

badman112

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site
spiny norman said:
badman112 said:
Not sure what you mean.

Only that downloading rips is just an ever so teensy bit illegal.

Very funny do not recall to you to what I was downloading you can assume all you want my friend. The question was quite simple do rips because I do not know anything about them contain the sound formats too so the AV receiver picks it up automatically.

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
The_Lhc said:
fr0g said:
And in fact the only person who is almost certainly guilty on this thread, is Spiny...of Libel.

Doubt it, he simply asked a question, he wasn't making a definitive statement.

Yep, I think you're right on that. He is implying guilt, but not stating it, so he can breathe easily :)

badman112

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site
Thank you for supporting me on my statement. What's more unreasonable is after spiny calls me "naughty" spiny does not offer any advice being a forum. I am certain I have kept within forum rules. As for badman112 it was just a name I seriously did not put thought to. Any how spiny since you "allegedly" predict what happens I'm about to put the lottery on any chance of numbers if things are this obvious. Just a joke spiny.

Here is what I do or may be don't know and probably a lot more confused now. Many ripping programmes use ac3 and all this other stuff I have downloaded many demos from dolby and and a few others.
Another question I have I know this may sound silly but you don't ask you don't get. These very high priced AV receivers you get. Can they produce 5.1 ect ect from plain video or mp3 ect ect.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts