Multi Region Blu Ray Player ??

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi i'm about to take the plunge with a Blu Ray player but was just wondering if can anybody tell me if the panasonic bd30 or the PS3 are multi blu ray players ? Reason i ask is that i know there's alot of region free disks about but the prices of some region 1 disks are quite abit cheaper than our own region 2's

A

Anonymous

So far, the growth of HD discs has closely mirrored elements of both VHS and DVD. The disc that won the format war was the one (like VHS) that had the most content available. The prices of discs and players, although initially high, are falling as economies of scale kick in. 3 for 2 offers on BD discs are common now and exactly mirrors what happened with DVD. Expect even better deals in the run up to Christmas. Extending this, it's clear that somone will come up with a multi-region solution for BD players. This will mean that small companies will set themselves up to do this service (either by 'chipping', firmware or other finagaling), we'll all send our player off to them for £40 and they'll get it bcak to us, multi-regioned and warranty violated. Our choice. Again, exactly what happend with DVD. The difference here is the ethernet port. If this happens (and it will, I'm sure) don't plug your player into the wall! "THEY" will know and God knows what'll happen to your player then!!! By the way, I don't think that Blu-Ray was designed to be THE HD Region-coded technology. It's economy of scale. HD-DVDs could be made cheaper and in bulk because they were Region-Free. Doing this also increased their potential market internationally, and I'm sure that if they'd won, then Region Coding would've come in pretty damn fast!

A

Anonymous

Ok thanks for that i guess a firmware update at some point down the line may happen which may unlock it (fingers crossed!!)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts