Multi-channel interconnects for blu-ray to amp

scene

OK, so I've got my old amp with multi-channel analogue inputs (an Arcam AVR250) and my new blu-ray player (a Sony BDP-S760
emotion-1.gif
) and I want to hook them up using the multi-channel analogue connection (phono/rca).

So far so good. Now some dumb-ish questions:
  • How many phono leads do I need - 3 pairs or 4? I thought it would be four, but some previous threads seem to go on about 3 pairs being needed
  • Do I need to use different cables for the centre channel and/or the sub channel?
Any recommendations as to cables?

daveh75

scene:

Do I need to use different cables for the centre channel and/or the sub channel?

Any recommendations as to cables?
No, just use standard stereo i/c's.
What's your budget for cables? Remembering you're going to need 3 or 4 pairs!

scene

OK people, thanks for that - 7.1 sound = 4 cables all the same (it's late, and I'm being dumb and tired!
emotion-42.gif
)

As for the budget, I suppose I'd prefer to keep it to £100ish...

scene

daveh75:
Though you could buy some multi-channel/surround sound i/c's!

I use these, from Blue Jeans Cables between my BDP and A/V processor, and are excellent vfm imho.

Thanks daveh!
emotion-2.gif
Those look very interesting - I was getting worried about the nightmare scenario of sorting four red and four white plugs at each end of the cable! (Out with the Dyno methinks
emotion-5.gif
)... I assume you went for the LC-1 without the "Techflex" option

@nads:
emotion-10.gif
I did say I was being dumb and tired...
emotion-20.gif
much better now!

Maybe WHF should review some multi-channel cables for those among us who need / want to use analogue inputs on our amps?

scene

cheyworth:
I think ebay is your best bet.

Something like....

4* cable talk or

4* Chord

I would go for the Chord, you may get 4 pairs for less than £110 if you make an offer.

Chris

Thanks for that - I'll definitely look at that option, I'd forgotten flea-bay - they block it here at my work...
emotion-12.gif

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
scene:Maybe WHF should review some multi-channel cables
for those among us who need / want to use analogue inputs on our amps?

Could do, but usually multichannel cables are just four pairs of standard interconnects, so will perform just like standard stereo pairs.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts