Multi changer CD players?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I notice in your reviews that you never recommend a multi player CD player. Is that because they are not really classed as hi fi standard?

I’m interested because I have a Pioneer system that is about 15 years old, and has a 6 disc Cd player. I have been very happy with it, but the CD player has now broken, and I am thinking of replacing it with another Pioneer 6 disc player I can get for about £140.

Or should I buy a Cambridge or something similar for the same price? Will I really notice the difference in sound? Because the convenience of having 6 discs on the go at any one time is very good.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Yes you will notice a major difference. You can only listen to one CD at a time too. It all depends whether you are after convenience or sound quality, if it's the former just use an iPod.

ÿ

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Very Annoyed:

I notice in your reviews that you never recommend a multi player CD player. Is that because they are not really classed as hi fi standard?

I'm interested because I have a Pioneer system that is about 15 years old, and has a 6 disc Cd player. I have been very happy with it, but the CD player has now broken, and I am thinking of replacing it with another Pioneer 6 disc player I can get for about £140.

Or should I buy a Cambridge or something similar for the same price? Will I really notice the difference in sound? Because the convenience of having 6 discs on the go at any one time is very good.

My Brother's like you. Despite what I say, he won't get rid of his Technics 5-disc carousel player in favour of a single spinner.

Even though I've clearly demonstrated to him the superior sonic prowess of my Arcam.

It's weird really. He has the 5-disc CD for convenience, yet an amp with no remote control, so he has to keep getting up anyway.

I agree with the other remarks. Stick to a single disc for quality, and get an MP3 player (Connects to your amp via a 3.5mm mini-jack to 2 phono cable, available at pretty much any decent electrical store. Your mobile phone may even have an adequate MP3 player.) for convenience.

You could even buy my Arcam CD72T for that £140!

;-)

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
I assume everyone else agrees as no one else replied?

Im just facing the task of loading all my stuff back on to my PC since a crash a few months ago (it took me this long to face up to doing it - always back up, people! And stop sniggering, JoelSim!). So i got to thinking why not use a multi changer full of MP3s...plus a backup on the pc, and one on extrenal hdd and maybe DVD...

Of course, im considering a source change in time too, so thats another reason im weighing my options now.

A

Anonymous

Have you thought about ripping your CDs to your computer and connecting to your hi-fi via a DAC?

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
Yeah, thats what i do currently, im just mulling over various ways of tsking my music off the PC, while keeping the elements i like most about HDD based music. Which, in a nutshell, is the ability to have hors worth of music playing randomly when i feel like it, and to make smaller selections as the mood takes.

A

Anonymous

i dont knwo if you can still get them but my cousin had a 300 disc multi cd player.

it was before i was really interested in quality and wasn't really paying attention but you could consider that!

although i had a 5 disc cd player that i was given and didnt really find it any more convinient than a single disc one.

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
fast eddie:i dont knwo if you can still get them but my cousin had a 300 disc multi cd player. it was before i was really interested in quality and wasn't really paying attention but you could consider that! although i had a 5 disc cd player that i was given and didnt really find it any more convinient than a single disc one.

300?!

5 would be sufficient i think. did it have a random function? If so thatd be 7.5 hours i could listen for, tho sometimes 90min disks are harder to come by then 80mins.

A

Anonymous

yeah they were vertically loaded more juke box fashion than standard cd player. took up mo more space than an av receiver though.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts