MS Mezzo 6 or Mezzo 8???

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all,

I have just purchsed Marantz PM8003 & SA8003. Initially wanted to pair it up with the Mezzo 6 after audition it. The sound is kinda warm but just lack of abit detail or i should said clarity. Actually already paid for the Mezzo 6 but now feel that maybe Mezzo 8 could give better detail or clarity. I have ask the shop to put Mezzo 6 on hold.

Do you guys think that I shld stay with Mezzo 6 or go ahead with Mezzo 8? I know that you guys will ask me to go listen to it and let my ears decide it. But I am just asking some fellow expert and those who has dealing with both speaker before. The price different for both is abt 300 - 400 bucks.

oh yes. i listen more to song which emphasis on vocal but sometime may listen to other genre of song. Hope that you guys can give some advice.

Thank you very much!

Max

A

Anonymous

How long have you had the speakers? if it's only in the last day or so, then I would recommend giving them at least a week or so to burn in. As for the Mezzo 8's I gather that the main thing they will add is a lot more power to the bottom end but not necessarily more detail. In fact some people find the Mezzo 8's overbearing for that very reason.

A

Anonymous

Stick with Mezzo 6, especially if you listen to music with lots of vocals, or go with a different pair altogether. 8's will add more bass but not detail.

EDIT: What do you think of the PM8003 and the SACD player?

A

Anonymous

HI! I have paid for the Mezzo 6 but have yet deliver to me. So I have ask the shop to hold my order as I may wanna change to Mezzo 8. I only did the audition at his shop and his pair of speaker should have already run-in. just feeling that it lack of clarity or detail. but overall I am still ok with the sound but if it can improve on the clarity/ detail, i will give full mark to it
emotion-2.gif

Max

A

Anonymous

chainrock:

Stick with Mezzo 6, especially if you listen to music with lots of vocals, or go with a different pair altogether. 8's will add more bass but not detail.

EDIT: What do you think of the PM8003 and the SACD player?

hi!

Looking at the 8, it has additional 5.25" midrange which i supposed it will have better seperation and improve on detail/ clarity. if say the 8 not able to give better detail/ clarity, do u think that by using a silver IC may help?

My PM8003 and SA8003 still not run-in yet. so I cant comment much yet as it may give false impression.

A

Anonymous

I have the Mezzo 8's, love them! There great the the extra midrange driver is everything the 6's need.

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
Max,

Sounds like you are about to make a big mistake to me. You are already not satisifed with the Mezzo. Luckily, you have not taken possesion of the order yet. I would call and cancel it altogther. Get your money back. You want detail and clairty. I feel the same way. The Mezzo 8 will definately not add what you are looking for. These are good speakers, but they don't sound right for you IMO.

For a little more money, you can get the PMC GB1i which has bags of detail and clarity.

If you are willing to consider a stand mounter, the ATC SCM 11 is also detail rich.

Finally, all the spendor dealers are dumping the old S5e for the new A5. The S5e also is very detailed and you can grab them for a song right now.

-Jax

A

Anonymous

NickD2544:I have the Mezzo 8's, love them! There great the the extra midrange driver is everything the 6's need.

Hi!

How do u find the detail/ clarity of Mezzo 8? I just felt that Mezzo 6 lack of this.

Thanks

A

Anonymous

Cancel the order, clearly you are not 100% happy and so regrets now, you can do something about.

A

Anonymous

jaxwired:

Max,

Sounds like you are about to make a big mistake to me. You are already not satisifed with the Mezzo. Luckily, you have not taken possesion of the order yet. I would call and cancel it altogther. Get your money back. You want detail and clairty. I feel the same way. The Mezzo 8 will definately not add what you are looking for. These are good speakers, but they don't sound right for you IMO.

For a little more money, you can get the PMC GB1i which has bags of detail and clarity.

If you are willing to consider a stand mounter, the ATC SCM 11 is also detail rich.

Finally, all the spendor dealers are dumping the old S5e for the new A5. The S5e also is very detailed and you can grab them for a song right now.

-Jax

Hi!

I am not saying that I regret on the mezzo purchase. I have also try other speakers like the german Heco and MA RS6. RS6 sound to me is too revealing/ too much detail/ clarity which make it sound bright (edgy) to me and my wife. Overall Mezzo 6 when we try it, the sound is warm and we feel very comfortable with it and we can listen for very long without lethagic.

as for Heco, good detail and clarity as well, bass is tight but just too bad. feel bright and don't think can listen long. so i just hope that mezzo 8 could overcome the mezzo 6 with improved detail but still maintain it warmness.

Thanks

A

Anonymous

Well you need to cancel this order and go to a shop where you can hear the Mezzo 8's then. However I don't think you are going to gain more detail but only you can decide that when you hear them.

A

Anonymous

I find the clarity and detail pefect !
You do need to have enough power to run them propperly so a good amp in needed.
But if you have a good powerfully amp 100w+ then get the 8's i love mine really really do.

And i picked these over a pair of Dali speakers i had.

Regards

Nick

A

Anonymous

NickD2544:I find the clarity and detail pefect !
But if you have a good powerfully amp 100w+ then get the 8's i love mine really really do.

Regards

Nick

Hi!

In this case, my Marantz PM8003 only able to produce 70W @ 8ohm and 100W @ 4ohm. The Mezzo spec is 4-8ohm, so i guess averagely the amp can supply 85W. so do u think it is sufficient for Mezzo 8?

Thanks

A

Anonymous

hi fi newbie:

Well you need to cancel this order and go to a shop where you can hear the Mezzo 8's then. However I don't think you are going to gain more detail but only you can decide that when you hear them.

Hi!

The same shop also having the Mezzo 8 which I did not think of listening when I listen to the Mezzo 6 at that time. I will definately go listening again soon. Thks for your reply.

Max

cstanwhf

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
maxngck:NickD2544:I find the clarity and detail pefect !

Regards

Nick

Hi!

In this case, my Marantz PM8003 only able to produce 70W @ 8ohm and 100W @ 4ohm. The Mezzo spec is 4-8ohm, so i guess averagely the amp can supply 85W. so do u think it is sufficient for Mezzo 8?

Thanks

Hi Max, the PM8003 can actually pump 91W into 8ohm and 144W into 4ohm. Well, at least according to other reports that I have read.
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

cstanwhf:maxngck:NickD2544:I find the clarity and detail pefect !

Regards

Nick

Hi!

Thanks

Hi Max, the PM8003 can actually pump 91W into 8ohm and 144W into 4ohm. Well, at least according to other reports that I have read.
emotion-2.gif

Hi Bro,

Where did you read the report? the 70/100W was from their spec sheet. if it is able to pump more, then i think this may help giving more power to mezzo :).

cstanwhf

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
Hi Max, you can refer to http://www.techradar.com/reviews/audio-visual/hi-fi-and-audio/amplifiers/marantz-pm8003-478397/review as well. They did mentioned the 70W as quoted by marantz is "conservative and we got more like 90 watts". The figure of 91W into 8ohm and 144 into 4ohm is from Hifi World.

A

Anonymous

cstanwhf:Hi Max, you can refer to http://www.techradar.com/reviews/audio-visual/hi-fi-and-audio/amplifiers/marantz-pm8003-478397/review as well. They did mentioned the 70W as quoted by marantz is "conservative and we got more like 90 watts". The figure of 91W into 8ohm and 144 into 4ohm is from Hifi World.

Hi!

still cant find the review :p. anyway, hope this is real so it can give my mezzo (6 or 8) some good power.

Max

cstanwhf

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
maxngck:

cstanwhf:Hi Max, you can refer to http://www.techradar.com/reviews/audio-visual/hi-fi-and-audio/amplifiers/marantz-pm8003-478397/review as well. They did mentioned the 70W as quoted by marantz is "conservative and we got more like 90 watts". The figure of 91W into 8ohm and 144 into 4ohm is from Hifi World.

Hi!

still cant find the review :p. anyway, hope this is real so it can give my mezzo (6 or 8) some good power.

Max

Hi Max,

How about bi-amping with another PM8003 as we mentioned about before?

Haha... I know, more poison.

A

Anonymous

cstanwhf:maxngck:

Hi!

Max

Hi Max,

How about bi-amping with another PM8003 as we mentioned about before?

Haha... I know, more poison.

Hi!

I wish i could hv bi-amp the pm8003. let me hv my mezzo in first then see how it will sound at my house :). sunday will go down listen to it. really cant wait to hv it at my place :p

A

Anonymous

Hi! Finally decide to settle with MS Mezzo 8. This morning went for audition. Found the sound better than M6. The seperation is much much better think due to its additional 5.25" midrange. oso bass is much better and it able to handle all kind of music. from fast to slow . Delivery will be on Wednesday. so happy ah

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts