MS Aviano 6 with Marantz PM6003

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
:help:

Hii I am using Marantz PM6003 with old HIfi deckBookshelves.. I intend to purchase Floorstanders.. and rounded upon

Wharfedale 9.5

Aviano 6

and also BS Mezzo 2..

My room dimensions are about 18*15 feet and 10feet high...

I m mostly leaning towards the Aviano 6... because its a FS... and i have auditioned the Aviano 2 which has plenty of bass...... Later some time I can upgrade my amp too.....

I wanted yr reviews .. whether the 6003 can drive the Aviano 6 (88dB 4-8 ohm) speakers...well. !!

At 4 ohms the Marantz PM6003 is rated at 75 watts / channel and at 8 its 45 w/channel..

Please guide me through. as I am from a small city and have no places to audition ..

thanks

hemant

A

Anonymous

Hi Hemant

It would be handy to know what your overall budget is, what music you generally listen to and also what other brands you're able to demo/consider?

For me and with the Marantz amp; the MS speakers can be bettered IMO. I never found them to have the most exciting soundstage whereas the likes of some Monitor Audio BX5's, QUAD 21L2's or Acoustic Energy AE Neo 3 V2's would suit a lot better

Cypher

Jun 8, 2007
Visit site
I'm not a big fan of Mordaunt Short either.

Try these ;

Dali Zensor 5

or

Monitor Audio BX5

Both work well with the PM6003.

A

Anonymous

My budget is approx 35000 INR for Floorstaners.. I m not considering Monitor audio as they are bright with Marantz amps and Dali s lack bass ,, and the higher and better models are expensive though..

I wanted to clear if the marantz amp would be able to drive the 88db Aviano 6 floorstanders.

And

If anyone has auditioned or have this combo or even the Aviano 6 speakers with some other amp.. please share their reviews...

A

Anonymous

Yes; I've demo'd the MS speakers with the Marantz amp and it wasnt a good combinitation IMO. Too smooth a sound all round with flabby bass and not a very well detailed midrange/top end at all. The Marantz is a good budget amp but it deserves better, more open speakers IMO

Have you heard the M/A BX5 speakers with the Marantz amp? I've never heard anyone say that M/A speakers (more so the new BX / RX range) are bright; more so with a very smooth amp such as the Marantz PM6003!!!
smiley-surprised.gif

What music do you generally listen to and what's your source (i.e. CDP, iTunes via DAC etc...). Also; what speaker cable and interconnects do you have/intend to buy?

A

Anonymous

I listen mostly to Hindi New numbers..(india) ,, LinkinPark, pinkfloyd and Direstraits .... Wel I hav heard the Avianos 2 and they carry awesome bass response..and vocals are also good... tats y was thinking in the Aviano 6 line....

I am nt sure but , mostly will be using Chord Carnival silvercreen cables.... Does the cable choice make a lot of difference???

and Monitor audio seem to be bright speakers... never heard them though,..

A

Anonymous

In that case a) do not rule out the Monitor Audio BX5's if you've not heard them and b) they're a superb, solid, deep and punchy bass response with superbly detailed midrange and treble

I think they're superb speakers for the money and very hard to beat under £700 IMO

I listen to a lot of System of a Down through to Linkin Park to Disturbed to Pink Floyd to all sorts of Electronica and House music as well as older stuff such as Jethro Tull, Dean Martin et al and never have an issue with harshness or nasty highs and I have the Marantz CR603 system powering my speakers!

Get them demo'd and I'm sure you'll like them. They kick out hell of a lot more quality welly than the MS 6 speakers
smiley-cool.gif

A

Anonymous

I thought I'd add my tuppence for the OP. There's not much love round these parts for MS. Don't know why ? but the Aviano 6 is a very good speaker for £499 and I think the What Hifi review is spot on. However if your going to spend that amount of money and don't mind Standmounts then the EB1 , MA RX2 and the Dynaudio 2/6 ( of course) would be stonking.

Good luck

bemaniac

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I demoed BX5s and they had zero treble and tonnes of muddy midrange. I advise travelling to listen to speakers because noone on here can tell you what is going to sound best for you personally. Some love bx5 I dislike them, some hate the new Kefs but I love them so ears can be very different.

A

Anonymous

Finally I have made my purchase of Aviano 6 (Black).,.. and paired it with marantz pm6003...

The manual says to run in/break in/burn in by wiring one speaker in out of phase and plcing them facing each other and playing for 36 hours.. Well tats quite not possible..

I have wired them normall and have played for abt 20 hrs now.. the bass has improved but din find any improvement in mids..

Users...Please suggest your aviano s burn in/break in experience and help

thanks

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts