MP3 player to hifi best connection option?

Grayskull

Apr 20, 2015
Visit site
Hi

I'm looking at connecting my mp3 player (ipod at the moment but that will probaby change). Can any one suggest what the best option would be. My amp has a built in DAC with digital and optical inputs plus the usual analog.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Gray

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
If you have an iPod touch, then use Airplay via an AEX or ATV.

If your iPod in not nework capable you need a wired connection. If you have a USB 'A' connection on your amplifier, your iPod will play directly through that.

If you do not have this, you will have to get a Dock with, ideally, digital out. it will need to support your particular iPod, Richers are currently selling both the Arcam drDock or the Cambridge ID100 for £69, both have the 30 pin connector.

Otherwise, you have to use the headphone output which is analogue, you will need a mini-jack to 2 phono cable.

Grayskull

Apr 20, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for these suggestions, much appreciated. I have an Ipod classic at the moment so it will have to be wired. If I had an Mp3 player with an optical output would I still need to go through a dock or could it go direct to the amp?

knaithrover

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Audioengine do an excellent 24 bit wireless transmitter (the AW2) which claims to transmit in cd quality, It is very good for the money but not quite as good as cd...

That said its the best ive heard for the price and better than any wired solution for sure

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts