Moving from current(Laptop based) hi-fi set up to New seperate Hi-fi set up ,suggestion pls!!!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello ,

At present i am using my laptop Asus-G74 as a base,Musical fidelity v-Dac and V-psu,Pioneer Lx-01(DVD) surround system.

http://www.whathifi.com/review/pioneer-lx01

I don't have any TV at the moment,so if i want to play mp3 files in my DVD player(pioneer Lx-70d) i couldn't browse the files without TV etc.

I don't want to keep on all time my laptop to listen to music,so i am thinking of (!!!!!)setting up new hi-fi setup.I would like to burn or copy the music files Flac and mp3 files on CD,DVD,BLU-RAY then i play it on the new hi-fi set up. So the new Hi-fi set up should have a Player(DVD,BLU-RAY)which can play Flac files too ,also able to browse the files on the system itself,without conncecting to a TV etc to browse the files.

This is my thought,not sure possible or not(lack of knowledge).

If possisble,i would like to spend around 1000 pounds to get the stuffs( prefer second hand form ebay ,thinking getting a premium used product ) you guys recommending.

Regarding music taste-

Mostly,Pop,Re-mixes,House music,Techno,little bit Metal.

Thank's for looking.

Overdose

Feb 8, 2008
Visit site
Depending on how big your music library is, would it not fit onto to the storage in the LX-01? You could then play it via the LX-01 without needing the Pc or disc player.

You could also consider an external hard drive and connect it to the LX-01 if it can read files direct from an external HDD, or maybe consider a NAS?

Or is that not what you had in mind?

A

Anonymous

Overdose said:
Depending on how big your music library is, would it not fit onto to the storage in the LX-01? You could then play it via the LX-01 without needing the Pc or disc player.

You could also consider an external hard drive and connect it to the LX-01 if it can read files direct from an external HDD, or maybe consider a NAS?

Or is that not what you had in mind?

Thank you for your time.

Yes it accepts external HDD too,its in built storage itself(250gb) enough for me,the limitation is

* I need a display or monitor to browse the files.

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lilliput-10-1-LED-Desktop-Display-External-Touch-Monitor-W-HDMI-DVI-RCA-Input-/390525048280?pt=UK_Computing_Other_Computing_Networking&hash=item5aed1b55d8

Even the used one cost quite lot.

*It won't support Flac files.

At present i am using Lx-01 for both music and movies,slowly i like to have my seperate Hi-fi setup and Home cinema (Projector base) too.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts