MOTIVE SE-2

gbhsi1

Mar 5, 2008
Visit site
Hi,

Just visited the neat website- they are bringing out a special edition of my beloved motive 2's with a new tweeter & other differences...very excited I must say: out June 2010. Does anyone know what the price will be...as it does not say on the website?

Regards
Me

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Not sure what music I heard playing on them at the Bristol Show, but they sounded stunning for such a small speaker. They're not on the current price list, and I can't remember what price Bob told me they'd be coming out at, but it's under £1500 (I don't want to guess as guesses get taken as truth on forums!).

gbhsi1

Mar 5, 2008
Visit site
FrankHarveyHiFi:
Not sure what music I heard playing on them at the Bristol Show, but they sounded stunning for such a small speaker. They're not on the current price list, and I can't remember what price Bob told me they'd be coming out at, but it's under £1500 (I don't want to guess as guesses get taken as truth on forums!).

hmmm...I better start putting some money aside so I can part exchange my current motive 2's. Roughly, how much would I get for my current motive 2's? pretty new, only had them since September 2009.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Second hand prices are really hard to predict nowadays, it'll mostly depend on where you sell them.

If they were mine, I'd be looking to get about £700 for them, maybe dropping down a little less if needed. But then I'm always accused of being optimistic
emotion-2.gif

gbhsi1

Mar 5, 2008
Visit site
FrankHarveyHiFi:
Second hand prices are really hard to predict nowadays, it'll mostly depend on where you sell them.

If they were mine, I'd be looking to get about £700 for them, maybe dropping down a little less if needed. But then I'm always accused of being optimistic
emotion-2.gif

hmmm...that is very reasonable 'IF' I had to get £700. So I am probably looking at saving around £700 for the new SE version- roughly of course! I am really interested in the SE version as it has an upgraded tweeter- which I think is my only gripe on my current model at high volumes it tends to edge to the bright side.

gbhsi1

Mar 5, 2008
Visit site
Oh, I bought them from Tony at PJ HI-FI in guildford..even though I live in Manchester...so I would be selling them back to them.

gbhsi1

Mar 5, 2008
Visit site
FrankHarveyHiFi:
See what they can do for you. the alternative is advertising them yourself, guaging reactions, and seeing how much you can get.

Good luck
emotion-1.gif

Thanks

Minigill

Apr 4, 2008
Visit site
gbhsi1:Hi,

Just visited the neat website- they are bringing out a special edition of my beloved motive 2's with a new tweeter & other differences...very excited I must say: out June 2010. Does anyone know what the price will be...as it does not say on the website?

Regards
Me

At the Bristol show Neat mentioned around £1350. Not sure if the Piano Black finish is more. I too am excited by these SE, but not sure I can wait until mid June as I have no speakers at the moment !

A

Anonymous

I've a feeling the piano black finish was a huge cost upgrade. I won't quote the figure as I'm not 100% I'm remembering it corectly,but expect a substantial cost.

Minigill

Apr 4, 2008
Visit site
Here I am !

Just received a reply from Bob - I was only asking about the colour of the tweeter surround !
"
The standard SE2 finishes are Maple, Oak, Cherry, Walnut, Rosenut & Black
Ash. Piano Black will be an additional £500.00."

CraigDS

Sep 3, 2009
Visit site
I had Neat Motive 2's and thought they were good and easy to position. They were one of the easiest decisions when upgrading my HI FI. £500 extra for piano black is ridiculous!

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
It's not actually that bad. Don't forget that there needs to be numerous layers added, and all need to be highly polished, which takes man hours (or lady hours). Obviously time costs money. These costs vary with different manufacturers. Some manufacturers of budget speakers use very few layers, but higher end speakers need to be better finished, and can involve 10-15 layers. It tends to add about £2,000 to a £6,000 KEF Reference speaker, and it doubles the price of any ATC speaker.

crusaderlord

Apr 29, 2008
Visit site
I dont really see what the issue is - you dont have to get the piano black if you dont want to pay that much - but then the choice is there if you do.

I am quite interested in this and will see how they compare to my Neat Motive 3's when they available to hear.

gbhsi1

Mar 5, 2008
Visit site
crusaderlord:I dont really see what the issue is - you dont have to get the piano black if you dont want to pay that much - but then the choice is there if you do.

I am quite interested in this and will see how they compare to my Neat Motive 3's when they available to hear.I cant wait either. The only slight issue I have with the motive 2's was the tweeter which was a little on the bright side when really pushed so the SE should do the trick! can't wait indeed, but will not be going for the piano black- just the normal oak :)

A

Anonymous

Hi gbshi1

Any luck for you with listening Motives 2 SE since? Perhaps you can sheer little bit more information how are those compare to standard ones? or anything NEW at all please!

Thanks

TRENDING THREADS