motion blur on my new samsung 46 inch led tv(series 8)

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,can any one help me.i have just purchased the new series 8 led from samsung 46 inch.when i play bluray discs i get a lot of noise and blur in fast moving scenes.my player is a bdps500 from sony.asked in the sony shop and they told me to buy an expensive cable which i did(100 pounds) this made no difference.when i press the info button on the tv it says that it is playing at just 24htz,my sky hd box is sending 50htz! My firmware on the player needs upgrading, but i dont think it will improve this.The tv has 200htz options which makes things even worse.the manual does not help me either,any ideas/

A

Anonymous

hmmm, i am not sure of how to fix your problem but i would like to recreate it with my hd setup. i have sky hd+, and i ps3, plus a samsung ps-50p96fd. i have no problems with my setup, but let me know what movie you was watching, and i will see if it happens the same. sounds like it might be the blue ray players.

A

Anonymous

If you contact Samsung and it is within warranty, they will send an engineer round.

But I can tell you from experience with Samsung that you need to turn the "technology" off. The processing of the picture in the TV is not powerful enough to deliver. The 100hz technology / motion plus etc - if you switch this off, it should fix the picture. That was what the Samsung engineer did wih mine - he said it didn't work in the real world.

No sure if it all needs to be switched off, but you can experiment until you are happy.

A

Anonymous

thanks for reply. it happens with most films,but it worse on 'quautum of solice'. i was wondering if i have my tv set up correctly.or is my dvd player no up to running on my tv?

A

Anonymous

thanks.it works ok without the tec,but the more i use the worse it gets.can you tell me why it is only running at 24htz?

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Because 24Hz/fps is the native frame rate for Blu-rays - whereas broadcast TV, and DVD, is 50Hz (60Hz in US).

I'd suggest you go through the settings of your TV - we've got a feature on this in our next issue, out next Wednesday, or you can watch this video.

King Goal

Aug 25, 2009
Visit site
I'm having similar issues with my 40" Samsung LED TV and still cannot understand why a TV with "200Hz Motion Plus" is supposed to work better with it turned OFF. What's the point of having it then? Surely this is one of the reasons why some people will purchase these TVs instead of 100Hz but if there's no benefit then it's a big con. And Samsung should be liable if the function is useless.....

Tom Moreno

Nov 30, 2008
Visit site
King Goal:I'm having similar issues with my 40" Samsung LED TV and still cannot understand why a TV with "200Hz Motion Plus" is supposed to work better with it turned OFF. What's the point of having it then? Surely this is one of the reasons why some people will purchase these TVs instead of 100Hz but if there's no benefit then it's a big con. And Samsung should be liable if the function is useless.....

At least 75% of the bells and whistles features of new TVs these days should be taken with a pinch of salt. 100Hz, 200Hz, and probably 400Hz when it inevitably hits the street are meant to improve clarity in theory, and supposedly do help with fast video-based content such as sports, but in reality watching film content they tend to make things unrealistically plasticky and most will recommend leaving them turned off or at a very low setting.

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
deonj0: i have sky hd+, and i ps3, plus a samsung ps-50p96fd.

Exactly the same set up here (thought I was the only forum member with the PS-50P96FD so a very happy welcome from me deonj0
emotion-2.gif
maybe compare settings in another thread?)

I personally find all this 100htz 200htz all quite offputting and prefer the picture on my nromal 50htz TV as IMHO you are seeing the picture at its transmitted frame rate so the TV does not have to add extra frames which can cause the image to look less natural. From personal experiance I find LCDs tend to cope less with motion over Plasmas, but with a BD running at 24htz the image shoud track very well.

cloud7

Jul 24, 2009
Visit site
Samsung 46 inch series 8 LED TV is a stunning product that Im really appreciated to! Im currently upgarding my last year LA40A610 to latest LA40B650 due to the motion blur problem....

There is an advance setting in 100hz called "Judder". This setting is applicable start from Model B Series 6 & above. From what I observed, this judder can solve the motion blur problem ! Try custom the judder value within 3 to 5 . Whist setting 6 & above, your movie looks like 3D feel & too smooth.

And, I myself prefer the option of "Standard" in 100hz. In case you're still having the motion blur problem while the "Standard" mode selected, then I suggest you to increase the value of "Judder" by selecting the CUSTOM mode in 100hz.... (turn on the motion plus with max value setting)

This is my opinions. Hope may helps!

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

I too have the Samsung LE40b650 and must agree with the comments above, most of the processing does intrude on the picture but the 100hz motion does help when set correctly. I don't use the presets for 100hz motion atall and would suggest just experimenting with the custom settings, i agree the judder is best set at a level of 3 - 5 but these things are more a matter of personal taste as some people think the picture still looks false with 100hz, 200hz motion processing, personally i really like the extra stability with motion and don't find it off putting....you may disagree though!

I've not had any blurring issues with my TV though and find it strange that a superior model in the Samsung range suffers with this problem when my modest series 6 model had no such issues.....perhaps it's just down to all the extra tech inside the models higher up but i'm just guessing.

cloud7

Jul 24, 2009
Visit site
Hi, Oldboy! You have the Q Acoustic 7.1??

Me too.. I've been waiting for them since end of August...... (Sorry for distubing the thread,my email address: cloud4822@gmail.com)

I've compared most of the brand of LCD TVs like Sony, Sharp, Toshiba even Panasonic Plasma to this Samsung B650 (Of course the higher model the better PQ) side by side for the same price range. The conclusion is "ONLY the Judder advance setting can help for the motion blur totally"! I tried to set the 100hz motion plus to max but 0 for the judder, yea... the object seems a bit unconsistent... For other brands, turn the 100hz mode ON&OFF, setting with LOW,MEDIUM,HIGH, all these can just reduce the motion blur but cant solve it, yea.. You still being dizzy&uncomfortable!

Thus, I could lost more than 350paun for upgrading, just bcos of this motion blur problem!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts