more cyrus questions

limosa

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
Hi,

I'm not sure how to allocate my budget. Would I be better served by getting a cyrus 6se/8vs2 and spending more on my speakers (eg Dali ikon 6 or similar) or should I put more into the cd player ie cyrus 8se/8vs2 with less available for the speakers (dali ikon 2 or similar)?

To confuse matters further, I can get a 8x/8vs2 combo for less than the price of the 6se/8vs2. Is this going to be a better buy with a view to upgrading the cd player as funds allow.

Assuming I can get that sorted out, I'm looking to compile short lists of suitable speakers in both price ranges ie c5-600 and c900.

Any advice or recommendations welcome.

Thanks,

Gordon

A

Anonymous

I'd go for the 6se and 8vs2 with the 'better' speakers.

You can always upgrade to 8se later... but speaker upgrades...

jules.

A

Anonymous

I would really recommend the Spendor s5e to go with your setup ... they would work extremely well together. The detailed top end revealed by the Cyrus combos (either one) is handled with smoothness and composure by the silk tweeters of the Spendors (the treble can sound harsh with many other Cyrus/speaker combos).

The Spendor model is getting replaced so you should be able to pick up a pair within your budget. The speakers are also a great size for floorstanders (very small) and are very well finished so SWMBO is likely to approve of the purchase.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts