Mordaunt-Short Performance 6 tri-wire/tri-amp binding posts

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Because the Mordaunt-Short Performance 6 loudspeakers are tri-wirable and tri-ampable, for a bi-amp situation, which 2 sets of terminals would you use?

Dan.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
I think I'd try connecting to the bass, and to the midrange/treble, and then bass/midrange and treble, and see which you prefer. Personally I'd run one connection to the bass, and the other to the mid/treble.

A

Anonymous

Dan,

I'd be interested to know how you get on, since my EPOS ES30s are also a tri-wire (only) configuration. If I upgrade to decent speaker cable in the future (Townshend Isolda) I'll be getting just one pair, then perhaps a second paid in future so will face a similar dilemma albeit with cabling rather than power.

Suck it and see seems to be a good way of finding out though! But I suspect isolating the bass wold work best since its the most power hungry, but may depend where the drivers cross over. EPOS mids tend to go a little higher up the spectrum than average so isolating the tweeter will mean one amp is powering a good part of the lower spectrum, although you might then find the tweeters are very sweet whilst the bass doesn't quite have the power it might.

David

A

Anonymous

Thanks Andrew.

David, I have been contemplating purchasing a pair of Mordaunt-Short Performance 6 loudspeakers, but have not been able to get a good-enough price, so I have had to put it on hold for now.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts