Mordaunt short avant 902i or Wharfedale diamond 9.1s for my amp???

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all.. looking for some advice..

just got rid of my sony 7 channel receiver as i cant really afford to by a sub and a centre speaker to go with my other 4 speakers in my 5.1 set-up. I am now left with a pair of Mordaunt short avant 902is and Wharfedale diamond 9.1s which i both beleive to be brilliant budget speakers. However as i just brought a 2 channel amp i no longer need one set. Just wanted to know what pair of speakers would go best with my cambridge audio azur 540a amplifier. I know from reading the review that the 902is can be a bright/hard with the wrong amp, would that be the case with this one.

Any reply would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Oddly enough, we're group testing both of these speakers for our issue out in November...

They're both five-star products, and both should suit your CA amp - as you have all the kit there, why not try and see which one suits your set-up/room/tastes best?

A

Anonymous

Hi Bash,

I have the Diamonds in my Cambridge heavy set up (my first real gig) and think they are great they leave me asking myself imagine what a mid/top end pair of speakers would sound like!!

One day...

A

Anonymous

Sorry i didnt really explain myself properly. i hav bought the amp where i live in my student house and have only the wharfedales here... Might have to make the 300 mile trip back home to get the 902s as the sound is all about personal preference.. I know i did prefer the clarity of the 902s to the Wharfedales on my sony str1200es receiver although the wharfedales sound amazing for a speaker of that price in their own right.. just wanted to see if a change in amp would have an effect.

I will definately have to check out next months issue and see what you guys think.. hopefully by then i would have gone back to get the MS and made by mind up.. makes interesting reading though.

We can all dream hey Saund... Hopefully soon might be able to afford a bit of a speaker upgrade.. The Monitor audio bronze BR5 floorstanders look really nice at £400.. although i did notice that the kef IQ5 floorstanders have been reduced in richersounds down to £250.. at that price id imagine a bit of a steal!!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts