Mordaunt Short ALUMNI ????

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all,

Very interested in the above package to go with my Panasonic th-42pz80, dmp-bd35 and Yamaha dsp-ax763. Is there any one who has first hand experience of these speakers or even an opinion. All comments gladly received.

TV and Movies first, music fairly distant second. Also my missus thinks speakers such as Q acoustics 1010i package's are too big.

Leahandnna

A

Anonymous

Thanks Clare,

Gonna toddle of to Richer Sounds at the weekend see if I can audition them.

I'm assuming that these fit right in between the KEF's 1005.2's and the 2005.3's in both performance and price. To me the Mourdaunt Short package is right on budget, and the price difference to the 2005.3's will be enough for front stands and cables etc(just).

Manythanks

Leahandanna

A

Anonymous

Do let us know what you think when you audition the Alumni's.I dare not go near a store until I have the cash, in case the evil credit card goads me into doing something I shouldnt.

ÿ

lobby

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
If looking for small style packages i would turn to the Kefs 2005.3, ok a bit more but much improved sound over the Mordant and short Alumni's.After auditioning both packages powered by Onkyo 606, the kefs sounded more natural and cohesive with a better balance of treble, plenty of warmth and room filling bass, also better looking imho. In the end i opted for silver Quad-Lite package. There are some good deals on both packages with MS alumni for £449 with speaker cable and Kef 2005.3 for £550, so if you can audition them, if not i would go for the better reviewed Kefs.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts