Moon Phono Stage

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
If i want a Moon LP3 Phono stage (because it looks lovely and will match my system) how much is the minimum i should be spending on a turn table?

I know this is an odd way of going about things, but why not!

Thanks,
Ed

A

Anonymous

See i thought the p3.24 would be too 'cheap' (assuming i can hear the difference between the current phono stange and much better ones anyhow)

Glad i may not have to break the bank!
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

I'd go for the Clearaudio Emotion with one of their cartridges ahead of the Rega, though I gather the falling pound may have killed it in the UK market.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Remember there is also the Rega P3.24 'Colours' range....

http://www.rega.co.uk/html/p3-24%20colours.htm

It comes 'bundled with the Rega TT-PSU power supply/electronic speed change upgrade for £586 complete. I regularly hear a friend's Rega P3-24 with TT-PSU and Denon DL103 and I am sure it will be worthy of the Moon phone stage.

I would suggest the Ortofon 2M Black. (£350 - £400)

I should imagine it looks pretty stunning in Piano gloss black (or whatever colour you like) and (because of the TT-PSU) the deck loses the power on/off switch making it even more elegant. (To my eyes.)

[The Clearaudio Emotion is now £720 (even before you put an arm on it). With arm and cart £1275. Oh and the lid will cost another £170.]

A

Anonymous

chebby:

[The Clearaudio Emotion is now £720 (even before you put an arm on it). With arm and cart £1275. Oh and the lid will cost another £170.]

Sigh... and so another dream is shattered!

A

Anonymous

chebby:
Remember there is also the Rega P3.24 'Colours' range....

http://www.rega.co.uk/html/p3-24%20colours.htm

It comes 'bundled with the Rega TT-PSU power supply/electronic speed change upgrade for £586 complete. I regularly hear a friend's Rega P3-24 with TT-PSU and Denon DL103 and I am sure it will be worthy of the Moon phone stage.

I would suggest the Ortofon 2M Black. (£350 - £400)

I should imagine it looks pretty stunning in Piano gloss black (or whatever colour you like) and (because of the TT-PSU) the deck loses the power on/off switch making it even more elegant. (To my eyes.)

If they did the matt black one with out the button then i'd probably be sold, but none of the high gloss ones really do it for me.

Would quite like am emotion, but if the price is starting to make it into gyro dec territory then that would win.

A

Anonymous

Actually, shop around. I was given a quote for £849, including arm and cartridge.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts