monitor speakers for a small listening room

kusum65

Aug 8, 2007
Visit site
Hi , im looking for monitor type speakers for my small listening room and could do with a few pointers. I asked a similar question a while back and got a great responce but my circumstance have changed and it looks like ill have to go the no audition second hand route.

The speakers are fun from a rotel 1062, 60w per channeland they will set on dreadnoughts 1.5 f from the wall. Some af the speakers ive been interersted in have been things like monitor audio gld 10s and proac tablette but some reviews say they have to be well into the room tosound good. My present b&w 601s can be boomy so any suggestions of room friendly speakers that would go with my amp and arcam 192 would be well appreciated.

John Duncan

kusum65:it looks like ill have to go the no audition second hand route.

Sorry, just seen this bit. What's your budget?

Edit: though the speakers you mention give me a clue. D'oh.

I say again - AVI Neutron V.

A

Anonymous

Try speakers with front bass reflex ports.

The Tannoy Eyris DC1 are within your budget, and even have inserts in the back to be used with OmniMount brackets. They are very natural speakers, suited to classical, jazz, bossa nova...any acoustic music.

large-1.jpg

A

Anonymous

Spendor SA1 are very good near field speakers for small rooms. To suit a certain taste.

A

Anonymous

kusum65:Thanks guys , it so happens ive seen an exdemo avi mrk 4 at £350

The 5 is only £399 brand new.

They edged the SA1 for me personally, but I'm heavily into classical and know exactly what I want to hear.

kusum65

Aug 8, 2007
Visit site
Only £400 ! Blimey, they were super test winners in 2004 up against the proac tablettes. I seem to remmember they needed a lot of juice to drive

T

the record spot

kusum65:
Hi , im looking for monitor type speakers for my small listening room and could do with a few pointers. I asked a similar question a while back and got a great responce but my circumstance have changed and it looks like ill have to go the no audition second hand route.

The speakers are fun from a rotel 1062, 60w per channeland they will set on dreadnoughts 1.5 f from the wall. Some af the speakers ive been interersted in have been things like monitor audio gld 10s and proac tablette but some reviews say they have to be well into the room tosound good. My present b&w 601s can be boomy so any suggestions of room friendly speakers that would go with my amp and arcam 192 would be well appreciated.

Acoustic Energy AE22 passive monitors - £500. Detailed, excellent up against a wall, studio monitors - the active version picked up a great review in WHF recently and the passive version did well too.

TRENDING THREADS