Monitor audio rxfx placement

Beefheart

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Could someone kindly offer some advice, maybe from experience? I invested in MA RX-1 fronts, RX-C center and RXFX rears, while i am in the process of redecorating my living room i want to positon the RXFX once and once only as the cables will be replaced and "buried" in the wall cavities so no cables are on view. My amp is a Pioneer RV-673. My room is rectangular and about 3m x 4m, the main listening position is approx 0.5m from the rear wall, currently the RXFX are about 0.5m above ear level and approx 0.5m from the rear wall, in line with ear level and bi-pole mode selected. many forums recommend having the RXFX about 1m above ear height and slightly behind the listening position which would mean they will be closer to the back wall?? any assistance or comments are appreciated.
Thank you

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
The RXFX are designed to work directly either side of your listening position, and I would ideally recommend that they be at least 1m away from the rear walls to reduce HF reflection, which draws attention to the speakers position, which is against the point of the speaker. Half a metre to a metre above ear height will be fine.

Beefheart

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Thanks David, you may remember i purchased the MA speakers off you recently along with the Ken Kreisel sub for my brother, the final position will be approx 1m above ear level and have to be approx 0.5m from the rear wall, do you think this should be ok? I am going to replace the rear cables with AudioQuest FLX-SLiP 14/4, the reports suggest this is a good cable

Beefheart

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Thanks David, you may remember i purchased the MA speakers off you recently along with the Ken Kreisel sub for my brother, the final position will be approx 1m above ear level and have to be approx 0.5m from the rear wall, do you think this should be ok? I am going to replace the rear cables with AudioQuest FLX-SLiP 14/4, the reports suggest this is a good cable

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
If I recall correctly, there were curtains across the back wall? If so, then half a metre will be fine as the treble reflection off the back wall will be reduced by the curtains :)

How's he getting on with the sub?

Beefheart

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
thanks David, your memory is good about the curtains! Do you think the cable should be ok? It was the best cable for 2012 from What TV and Hi-Fi?
And yes he's loving the sub, it's a beast!!

Martin

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts