Monitor Audio RS6 + Marantz PM 7001 + Marantz SA7001

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I planning to set up  MARS6 + Marantz 7001 cd player + 7001 amp. I am wanting to know how good is this setup? 

I look forward to your suggestions 

- is the speaker fine with the source

-Is the cdplayer & amp combo good?

I can stretch my budget a bit but overall i want to know the effectiveness of this set up.

I mostly listen to acoustics, folk, classical & neo-metal

Will appreciate your inputs. 

fatboyslimfast

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
Should sound fine sir.

Will you get a chance to listen at a dealer? I really recommend it as I love my RS6s, but some see them as too bright.

See if you can get a listen to the MS Mezzo 6's and Rega R3s as well - they are rumoured to be rather good...

A

Anonymous

You would be best advised to listen to this set-up yourself to determine if you like the way it sounds.

I have personally never been particularly fond of the 'Marantz sound' - while being musical, they sound wallowy to me and lack guts and sparkle in the delivery.

Ajani

Apr 9, 2008
Visit site
Monitor Audio/Marantz is supposed to be a good pairing... and the combo you're interested in should be sensible (I know it's one I would buy)... However, as always, I suggest you try an audition that combo before buying....

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
kumarsv:
I planning to set up ÿMARS6 + Marantz 7001 cd player + 7001 amp. I am wanting to know how good is this setup?ÿ

ÿI look forward to your suggestionsÿ

- is the speaker fine with the source

-Is the cdplayer & amp combo good?

I can stretch my budget a bit but overall i want to know the effectiveness of this set up.

ÿI mostly listen to acoustics, folk, classical & neo-metal

ÿWill appreciate your inputs.ÿ

I can only comment on the speakers and they are quite brilliant.

batonwielder

May 13, 2008
Visit site
It should be fine, but may I suggest another combination for you to consider?

Roksan Kandy LIII CDP and amplifier (should be able to get a good deal since they are being replaced)

Spendor S5e (again, on its way out)

ÿ

stephennic

Jul 27, 2008
Visit site
Hi,

I had a listen to the Marantz sacd7001 on Rotel amps and B&W speakers. On normal cd it was detailed but I found the mids a bit forward and bit glassie (cold). It had a wide soundstage but not much depth on normal cd. It was good on Jazz but not so good on classical or rock. SACD sounded better. I preferred the Creek Evo, Rega Apollo and Consonance cd-120 linear on that system.

Cheers,

Steve.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts