Monitor audio pro ic and humidity..

Jul 14, 2014
Visit site
Hi!, I have a MA Pro-ic speaker that was given to me by my cousin after he decided not to go stereo in his storage room (yeah i know right lol).
Currently i have a CT180 in my bathroom and that specifically states that it can be used in the shower room and is humidity proof for the most part. The Pro-ic seems not to have that blurb but from the exterior looks just about the same as the CT180 apart from size. Is the cone etc.. treated differently than the Pro-ic?
I was thinking of using it in the kitchen ceiling where i currently have a 50mm KEF but can do with a bit more oomph.
Thanks!

I contaced MA a few days back but i guess they don't really want to know lol

Jul 14, 2014
Visit site
Cheers, did a bit of digging around and it looks like this particular model is actually rated for humidity too.. even the official websites don't list the 5" version as humidity proof, an old brochure pdf did though lol. The PRO ic 6.5 and 8 seem not to be rated for shower rooms and have the tweeter coming directly from the coil area whereas the 5"has a floating pivot and completely closed dustcap.

Jul 14, 2014
Visit site
Also i think thats the last MA speaker i'll be having. Have the CT180, BX2, BX5, RX2, 2xRS1 and now this one so kind of am a fan and they couldn't give me the time of day it seems. Theres other brands just as good that actually support their customers. Might seem petty but even an 'i dunno' would've helped.

hybridauth_facebook_100000244515144 said:
Also i think thats the last MA speaker i'll be having. Have the CT180, BX2, BX5, RX2, 2xRS1 and now this one so kind of am a fan and they couldn't give me the time of day it seems. Theres other brands just as good that actually support their customers. Might seem petty but even an 'i dunno' would've helped.

I'm not sure their online contact form works. I contacted them through the form few weeks ago, but got no response. Best bet is to call them.

I contacted Monitor Audio on their Facebook page asking if their online form is broken & got a response within 15 mins:

"Ok, our apologies once again - we'll have a look into that. In the meantime, if you'd like to send your enquiry directly to info@monitoraudio.co.uk someone will be able to assist you."

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts