Monitor Audio Jumper plates

richardw42

May 2, 2010
Visit site
On my RS6s would it be worth swapping the plates for cable. I use Chord Rumour 2, should I use 4 lengths of same cable or would jumper cables of a different but good quality do the job ?

Hi Richardw42,

Might I suggest your speakers are designed like that for a reason. Some people claim that cable jumpers improve the sound. Not in my experience I'm afraid. I could hear no difference at all. You, however, may find otherwise. Like all research its a case of try it and see. It would not be too expensive to experiment if you have a little slack in your speaker cable just chop off a few inches bare the wires and try it. It makes sense to use what you have and not go out of the way to pay for more expensive ready-made jumpers.

If you cannot hear a significant change between plate and your own cable jumpers then upgrading to more expensive pre-made jumpers would be a complete waste of your cash.

Just buy more music and enjoy!!

shooter

May 4, 2008
Visit site
I would be fine to use the Rumour as jumper cable or go on e-bay and get some copper jumper plates for £20 + PP, they work a treat.

richardw42

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the quick replies. Think I'll do a fairly modest trial with some lengths of Rumour 2. My speaker cable is terminated with Airlocks so not going to have a chop with that. Can't do it for a couple of weeks as all packed up ready for house move but if I don't do it will always be wondering

newaudio

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
i found no difference what so ever with either bi-wired or single run using extra cable as jumper connection... kept them bi-wired cause i got lazy and didnt wire back up with only one run of cable. using Monitor Audio RS8s and silver bi-wired cable from monitor audio also. personal choice me thinks....

eamo

vinod_david

Nov 18, 2007
Visit site
I cut my QED SA XT into four small cables to act as jumpers and connected them bare wire removing the plates. I was surprised to hear the difference right away, more bass, that is, but didn't like the sound, so back went the plates.

Crocodile

Jan 15, 2009
Visit site
It's a well known fact that having spent 10s, if not 100s of thousands of pounds on speaker R&D, manufacturers choose to deliberately spoil their designs at the final hurdle & reduce sound quality with plates rather than fit a couple of quids worth of speaker cable.
emotion-5.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts