Monitor Audio gr20 v gs20?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi

I presently have Monitor Audio 5i speakers with cambridge audio amp 840 v2 with NAD C660 recorder. I wish to upgrade my speakers and came across a fairly new gr20 from a dealer. Should I get the gr20 or the newer gs20 or RX-6 bearing in mind my amp limitations. The dealer told me the gr20 is made in England but the gs20 and the rx6 are now made in China. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Gerry

A

Anonymous

Based on the reviews - the GS20s as long as they are a good price.

I had GR20s and found them a tad bright with the kit I had mind. Lovely gloss black finish and very well made speakers that need a bit of room behind them in my opinion, so space is also important.

Some might say you're going overboard budget wise for these speakers with the current kit you have, unless they're a bargain.

Hope this helps.
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

Hi there,

Thanks for your insightful comments. I guess I should go with the RX-6 given the kit I have as my amp will probably not do justice to either the older GR20 and the replacement GS20.

Have a great day ahead! Gerry
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

Sorry, no comparative data here. I am quite satisfied though with my GRs. But given their age I assume they must be substantially cheaper? Positioning is important indeed, they need some space around them.

A

Anonymous

Without listening to the three speakers you will never know what sounds best with your system. I cant imagine your amp will have any difficulty driving the GR20s.

A

Anonymous

Hi Thanks for the reply. Any difference in QC between the older made in england and the newer made in china audio monitor speakers? I had a listen to the GR20 and it was pretty good but it wasn't with the kit I presently have at home. The RX6 is within my budget and was only considering GR20 because it was made in England and since it is an older model, I can get it at quite a discount from the original pricing.

Gerry

A

Anonymous

the gs were definite better than the gr-tried em both, but i got gr60 for same price (600)and they way better than both the 20's.

good luck and take your time

cheers

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts