Monitor Audio Bronze BX2 or Focal Chorus 706 V?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi everybody,

[this is my first post here ]

I'm about to change speakers and after a long run through the web, I have come down to these two speakers.

Let me tell that there is a €100 ($135) difference between the two and that the Monitor Audio have won the Award in its price range.

So I obviously tend to prefer these but I can afford the Focal and I want to have the best within my budget.

[I have as ampli a Technics A700 MK3 (Mos - Class AA)]

Any suggestion is very well received!

[Y]

salut

Dtothe8:
Hi everybody,

[this is my first post here
emotion-22.gif
]

I'm about to change speakers and after a long run through the web, I have come down to these two speakers.

Let me tell that there is a ?100 ($135) difference between the two and that the Monitor Audio have won the Award in its price range.

So I obviously tend to prefer these but I can afford the Focal and I want to have the best within my budget.

[I have as ampli a Technics A700 MK3 (Mos - Class AA)]

Any suggestion is very well received!

emotion-21.gif

salut

Hi Dtothe8

I'll recommend the BX2's as their fuller balance will be better suited to your Technics amplifer
emotion-1.gif

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

Anyway, I'll listen to them before to make the choice, Rick.

We don't have so many places to take a listen to some speakers. But, at least, I got one
emotion-5.gif

A special question for you, Rick (if I can take the chance).

What about my amplifier?

I'm entering the World of Audio before to be a musician for over 15years.

It's something I can use? I couldn't find anything about on the web.

As example, my turntablez Project costs me like ?400 ( ?540).

I'm a musician so I'm always on budget.

THNX Tibur

Sizzers

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
The Focal's give great clarity and detail, highs spot on and a really good tight and punchy bass (but obviously that's through my own set-up).

Mids/vocals may be a little bit forward for some tastes but suit me perfectly, although I wouldn't partner them with a bright amp.

They've been reviewed in the current issue of WHF where they say they might not cut it with dance music (not really my thing but I have my moments!), but no problems with my guilty pleasures of GaGA and Christina. Hope you get a chance to hear them and would like to hear your thoughts (they're not small though). Good luck!

Dtothe8:
Anyway, I'll listen to them before to make the choice, Rick.

We don't have so many places to take a listen to some speakers. But, at least, I got one
emotion-5.gif

A special question for you, Rick (if I can take the chance).

What about my amplifier?

I'm entering the World of Audio before to be a musician for over 15years.

It's something I can use? I couldn't find anything about on the web.

As example, my turntablez Project costs me like ?400 ( ?540).

I'm a musician so I'm always on budget.

THNX Tibur

Hi Tibur

Your amplifier and turntable will be both be fine with the BX2's/706 V's although the fuller balance and easier load of the BX2's will be more suitable for your amp. At a later date to get even more from the speakers amplifiers such as the NAD C320BEE and C350 are worth serious consideration.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts