Monitor Audio BR5AV

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Anyone know what the monitor audio BR5AV 5.1 package is like? the floorstanders in it (the Br5's) have got a pretty good review here, and they certainly look nice. And I'm guessing I would be right in assuming that this package would be a definite upgrade from my current system: Front L/R - TDL studio 10, Surround L/R - TDL nucleus 2, Centre - some crappy mission

thanks

A

Anonymous

ive got that package , although ive swapped the br5s for rx6s , very good imo , even with the br5s , plenty of power for movies , and great for music too , id reccomend it
emotion-21.gif

A

Anonymous

all right, thanks! And I've seen the whole package for £860 which sounds like an absolute bargain, I think it's because they've just released the BX range

thanks

mattjax05

Oct 5, 2007
Visit site
I too have the monitor audio br range as my set up, very pleased with it. Mine has the cherry finish which I think is the best colour.

£860 sounds a good price. I purchased all mine new but separately a few years ago when the price for the whole package was more expensive, think I paid:

£360 for BR5s

£110 for BRLCR

£120 for BR1s

Total = £590.

I don't have the sub. Based on these prices I think £860 is a good package price, don't think you would save much buying them separately now.

A

Anonymous

I think 860 is not that good of a price.

Frank Harvey are selling the BR5 for 299.00 and you can get the br1 for like 100.00 or 120.00 for the rears or there about and a monitor audi silver RSW12 subwoofer for 299.00

So thats 700 right there, and the centre can be had for about 100.00, so thats 800.00 and you have an amazing subwoofer that will shake the house

A

Anonymous

maxflinn:ive got that package , although ive swapped the br5s for rx6s , very good imo , even with the br5s , plenty of power for movies , and great for music too , id reccomend it
emotion-21.gif

Oh and MAXFLINN: What was the difference between the BR5 and the rx6, ? I am thinking of looking at the BX5 and RX6, was it worth the extra money?

A

Anonymous

the difference was more obvious with music canada , much better , but with movies its not so noticeable ..

you make a good point re. buying the br5 pack seperate with the bigger sub , its 500w compared to the bronze 150w , id say thats the thing to do for the op ..

A

Anonymous

are the BRFX best for the surround channels would you say rather than the normal standmounts in that range, and is it OK to standmount the BRFX? because i would rather not put them on the wall

A

Anonymous

The FX surrounds dont look that good on stands from what I have seen.

They are meant to go on the wall, and As I learnt the hard way ,not all rooms will suit the a bxfx speakers and some rooms are better for normal surrounds, in my case I have MS Alumni rears and sent back my RSFX speakers.

A

Anonymous

i had the br1s as rears first , they were on cornershelfs , swapped for the brfx,s which i wall mounted , using the dipole setting , now ive got them sitting on the cornershelfs in bipole mode
emotion-8.gif

id say the br1s on stands would be fine , dont see the point in buying the brfxs to standmount though ? i couldnt find much difference with either arrangement ...

richardw42

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Got the BR5 AV (but with BR1 for rears). Thoroughly reccommended.

Though using RS6s at front to run in for another syste,, but will be going back to BR5 soon.

A

Anonymous

Hey guys,

maybe you could help me:

what 5.1 speaker set up to 300 would be the best match with Pioneer VSX-1020?

thanks a lot

A

Anonymous

Yeah i think i'll go with the br2's instead of the fx's (actually im going for the bx package now) i doubt the fx's are that much better in most situations given that the platinum package and most other packages use normal stand mounts for rears

As for your question, jusy look through the reviews on the this site for a five star package that you can afford and it should be fine with your avr

Thanks

Nick

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts