monitor audio br5 vs rx1

opium

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

Rx range is higher end than Br but, I just want to know a few things about Rx1 compared to Br5

Is Rx1 warmer than Br5, 

what about scale is it bigger sounding having bigger driver

has it got more bass or less

and does it work well at low volumes

Thanks.

A

Anonymous

opium said:
Hi,

Rx range is higher end than Br but, I just want to know a few things about Rx1 compared to Br5

Is Rx1 warmer than Br5,

what about scale is it bigger sounding having bigger driver

has it got more bass or less

and does it work well at low volumes

Thanks.
Both are bright sounding speakers, the RX1s less so, but neither are warm sounding.

The Br5s will have both more scale and bass than the RX1s.

They don't make the BR5s anymore, they've been replaced with BX5s.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
I can't say how they'll work with your exposure, but you should find that the RX1's will produce a punchier, fuller bass than the BR5's (or even BX5's). The tonal balance of the Bronze range errs more on the slightly leaner side in comparison to the Silver range. If you can stretch to it, and house a slightly larger speaker, it'll be worth looking at the RX2's.

I would say either will work quite well at lower volumes. But the RX1's might just pip them.

hortensio

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
David, I have nad 355 bee+marantz c6300 combo....will RX2 or BX 5 be a significant upgrade for my BR 2 speaker??between the two, which is better???Thanks

opium

May 30, 2010
Visit site
and how does rx1 compare to Dynaudio 2/6 or 2/7

Basically i am looking to updrade my br5, as my room is small so am not considering rx2.

My gear is RagaDAC, Exposure 2010s2, MA br5,

Chord Carnival silverscreen speaker cable, vandammn rca interconnect, wirewind USB cable, awaiting jk mod hiface mk3

What im looking for is low end extension with timing, drive and punch and a better soundstage integration and organisation

I was more inclined towards the Dynaudios but they are not available in my country it seems and importing those will be some pain and extra cash, so rx1 would be a better value. But i cant demo any of these, the dealer here keeps the rx6 only which i have heard a couple of times, its is certainly good and made me feel like having it. so iam trying to make a decision on the rx1 based on that..

More on the background i used to have a br2 before br5, it didnt have the punch so i upgraded to br5. but i have to say i liked the sound of the br2 more, it was much better integrated, open with better soundstaging. the br5 on the other hand has more punch but its not organised and integrated, bass seems to fall apart and treble pronounced.

So if the rx1 has best of the both then it ll be fine, or i ll have to look for the dynaudio..

Any advice is highly appreciated...thanks

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
If you preferred the BR2 over the BR5, I think you'll prefer the RX1's or RX2's over the BX5's. Budget standmounts do have the capability of a better soundstage and sounding better integrated and balanced. The RX2's are more capable because of their 8" mid/bass driver.

opium

May 30, 2010
Visit site
how about rx2 in a small room, will that be fine

and which is better for low volumes and fuller sound among rx1, rx2, dynaudio dm2/6, dm2/7

A

Anonymous

opium said:
how about rx2 in a small room, will that be fine

Personally I felt the RX2s were far too bass heavy for a small room and went for the RX1s instead. That's in a 5mX4m room too.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts