Monitor Audio BR1 or Wharfedale Diamond 9.1????

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
All,

I am assembling a 1st hi-fi system for my son for Christmas from that well known auction site and have so far managed to obtain a Marantz CD63 KI-Sig and a Rotel RA-01 amp. I'm not sure about speakers and the 'courier lottery' as I will need to get them posted to my parents house as I live abroad and am leaning towards buying new - on this basis I think I've narrowed it down to the 2 in the title - budget for speakers is £100 max and ideally they need to be in a black finish. By the way, he will be using the system in his bedroom.

Does anyone have any views or other suggestions? Any good deals on either of the above speakers also gratefully received.

Cheers,

Steve.

A

Anonymous

either speaker is a very good budget speakers and represent great value for money at the moment. which ever you choose. personally I got great results using a Marantz cd player and the BR1's but he will a very happy bunny which ever you go for!

A

Anonymous

I had a pair of the 9.1s for my bedroom and my first half decent speakers. Loved them for the short time I had them and handled everything I asked of them easily. I've moved up to floorstanders 3 times the price and will happily admit that they don't sound 3 times the speaker.

I don't know much about the BR1, so can't compare, sorry.

A

Anonymous

also remember to get some blu tac under each corner of the speakers if they are going on a a desk

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
I've had my BR1s for a couple of years and found them to be a really great little speakers. Should be some good deals on them as the BR range has now been superceded by the BX range.

Rich

richardw42

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I still have my br1s as rears in a 5.1 system, but have used in their own right with an Arcam Solo Mini. Good speakers and can be had for as little as £90 now. hifix.co.uk had them at 90 last time I looked.

I'm thinking about getting a pair whilst still available to go with a system in conservatory.

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
richardw42:To 8009514. It's the DM38 I'm thinking of getting. I guess by your comments the pair up quite nicely.

You can pair the DM37 and DM38 with nigh on any speaker in the budget range and it'll sound pretty good. But yes, you're right, I'm particularly pleased with the BR1s sitting on the end of my DM.

Rich

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts