Monitor audio BR1 or BR2?

JakBurn

Jul 26, 2009
Visit site
Hi people,

I've got cash to splash on some new speakers, and am looking at Monitor Audio BR1 or BR2!
My setup is denon m37 with chord carnival silverscreen, stock speakers on soundstyle Z2 stands sat on granite plinths! The br2s recomend min amplifier at 30watts which is what the denon is! Do any of the wise out there think this will be a problem for the denon, as I dont want to cook it! tia Jay. p.s. Biggest sound improvement to date is sitting the denon on a granite plinth, sounds so much better :)

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
As long as you stick within the DM37's power output, both speakers will be fine, however the BR2's are a couple of dB more sensitive, which means they will sound louder for the same volume when compared to the BR1's. This will make it seem like you have more power to play with. The BR2's, having a larger cabinet volume and larger mid/bass driver, will give you a fuller, more authoritive sound, filling the room easier. When the BR2's are turned down low, they won't seem to lose the bass like smaller speakers will.

JakBurn

Jul 26, 2009
Visit site
Cheers Frank, I'm gonna go for the Br2's
emotion-2.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts