Monitor Audio BR1, Mordaunt Short Avant 902i or Wharfedale Diamond 9.0

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi!

I bought denon d m-37 micro system without speakers. I heard the original Denon speakers and they are great, but i wondered if the sound can be better with some of this:

1. Monitor Audio BR1 - did somebody hear them?

2. Mordaunt Short Avant 902i

3. Wharfedale Diamond 9.0

Greetings from Croatia!

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
i never got on with ms 902is i always thought they sounded muddled ran with a arcam solo mini

i now have a pair of ma br1s connected to a fatman carbon which i really like the sound of but some of that could be down to the valves

never heard the diamonds

you could also try tannoy f1s

A

Anonymous

Well thanks for your answer, but can you tell me more about their sound, cause I like them the most (visually).

I'll be hearing those speakers for 10 days, and for other speakers (tannoys and wharfedale) I have to travel to other town. I heard the MA BR2 and they sound fantastic for my taste and I can get them for same price as BR1, but they are to big for this purpose, cause I wan't speakers that can be put on bookshelf and near the wall, and when reading specifications of BR1 they seem to be ideal for that.

I listen various types of music (rock, folk, metal, jazz, elektronica, classic...), and I like detailed sound with warm vocals and strong and natural bass but again not to much of bass

I've never heard the Denon before, but any of the aforementioned speaker would be an improvement on mini speakers. Personally I would go with the Wharfedales - but make sure you are happy with your choice of speaker before bringing them home.

Good luck

PP

A

Anonymous

I have MS Avant 902i and partner them with NAD C325BEE, they sounded great from first moment, so I think you coldn't go wrong

with them.

Cheers from Rijeka :)

Tibor

Oct 23, 2007
Visit site
ÿThe M. S. 902i has a cleaner and brighter sound than the W. and M. A. , and I think has the most exciting sound, but is rear ported, so keep away from rear wall.The Wharfedale hasÿaÿlittleÿ warm treble, but is dull sounding at low volumes, is never harsh. The Monitor A. BR 1 is like Wharfedale, but is clearerÿdueÿtoÿmetalÿtw. I suggest the Monitor A BR 2, or the M. S. 902i

radovantz

Jul 25, 2008
Visit site
Tibor, is it worth to switch my Wharfedale D9.1 to MS902i?

In my opinion, Wharfedale Diamond 9.1 sounds great and amazing, yet better than MS914. But I have not listened to MS902i yet.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts