monitor audio aw-12 or GSW-12 sub

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am in the process of building an monitor audio apex system I have everything apart from the sub. I have noticed that the GSW-12 is falling in price and is a lot cheaper than the aw-12. On paper it looks like a better sub than the aw-12 so would this be a good alternative to it.

Or should I keep saving because the apex set is matched with each other for a reason.

duaplex

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
GSW 12 easily :) Its a beast though are you ok with its size etc? If you are intending to buy the Apex, the sub with it is pretty good, but an upgrade to the GWW12 would just be heavenly. Just try to find one in black, like an ex demo one.

RickyDeg

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
magmax said:
I am in the process of building an monitor audio apex system I have everything apart from the sub. I have noticed that the GSW-12 is falling in price and is a lot cheaper than the aw-12. On paper it looks like a better sub than the aw-12 so would this be a good alternative to it.

Or should I keep saving because the apex set is matched with each other for a reason.

Honestly, I would assume you'd be happy with both whichever you choose, as I'm certain Monitor Audio make no bad subwoofers. I sadly did not demo the GSW-12 upon purchasing my Apex-system, but from everything I've experienced, read and heard the AW-12 is a naturally perfect part of this system, since it was made specifically to match the Apex satellites. The crossover between them is near seamless, and integrate extremely well (better than any other sub/sat system I've ever heard before). Also, IMO, the AW-12 is alot more attractive and the whole system look amazing together. I happen to use two AW-12 now and the result is staggering! Yes, it's more expensive since the GSW-12 is a (soon-to-be) discontinued product, but if I were you I'd go for the AW-12. Demo both at home if you have the possibility to do so! You gotta make up your own mind.

TRENDING THREADS