Monitor Audio Airstream A100

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Looks nice enough but I think it has missed out big time in not offering onboard support for streaming from Spotify and the rest.

This seem to be the way things are going, without this it seems out of date on release, shame.

Cypher

Jun 8, 2007
Visit site
davedotco said:
Looks nice enough but I think it has missed out big time in not offering onboard support for streaming from Spotify and the rest.

I don't need that fortunately..........I'm just interested in the way it sounds. Some early reports were very positive about the soundquality and I really like the way it looks ;)

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Cypher said:
davedotco said:

I don't need that fortunately..........I'm just interested in the way it sounds. Some early reports were very positive about the soundquality and I really like the way it looks ;)

I'm sure it sounds fine but apart from the quirky looks I am not sure what it brings to the party. A 'me to' product for me.

Cypher

Jun 8, 2007
Visit site
davedotco said:
I'm sure it sounds fine but apart from the quirky looks I am not sure what it brings to the party. A 'me to' product for me.

It's just the way you want to look at it.........if you want to buy a nice compact integrated amp with a digital input and other options this will be a fine option I think ;) It doesn't have to bring something new to the table to succeed.

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Fair comment, similar fuctionality to a Peachtree Deco, in a 'lifestyle' package, half the price too.

It's just that I have been reading a lot lately and the market seems to be moving more and more towards streaming solutions. I am thinking that we should have a choice of lossless CD quality options by the end of this year and the market will have to move on.

Covenanter

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
I'd be a bit concerned that the MA website says it has a "Totally silent operation".
smiley-smile.gif

Chris

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Covenanter said:
I'd be a bit concerned that the MA website says it has a "Totally silent operation".
smiley-smile.gif

Chris

Having heard some of MA's cheaper speakers, I can only hope that they roll this out over the rest of their product line...... ;)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts