Moment of Christmas Madness

SteveR750

Well-known member
Against every rule that I have ever preached, I am seriously thinking about upgrading my Spendor S6e for the A6, but as they are used I can't listen to them first, as I dont have time. The cost to cange would be around £1000 as I cold probably sell the S6es for around £500 or so as they are in almost mint condition. I have read all the reviews I can find, and I like the idea of a slightly pepped up S6e - the latter are not the most attention grabbing speaker until you stop and listen, then realise the serene beauty with which they present music

Am I completely insane, or should I just run off into the sunset in that hollywood moment and live happy ever after.

Yours breathlessly from Cardiff.....
 
T

the record spot

Guest
You're not alone Steve...something bearing the model number 8050 ended up getting bought just before midnight last night...
 

matthewpiano

Well-known member
the record spot said:
You're not alone Steve...something bearing the model number 8050 ended up getting bought just before midnight last night...

That has been brewing for some time though RS! Glad you've finally gone for it. Will be interesting to hear your thoughts once it is up and running.
 

John Duncan

Well-known member
the record spot said:
You're not alone Steve...something bearing the model number 8050 ended up getting bought just before midnight last night...

8050.jpg
 

tino

Well-known member
Sep 29, 2011
136
12
18,595
Visit site
the record spot said:
You're not alone Steve...something bearing the model number 8050 ended up getting bought just before midnight last night...

Something NOS (New Old Stock .. and possibly not valves)

... Commodore 8050 image deleted ... John Duncan beat me to it :doh:
 
T

the record spot

Guest
John Duncan said:
the record spot said:
You're not alone Steve...something bearing the model number 8050 ended up getting bought just before midnight last night...

8050.jpg

Y'got me, bang to rights. It arrives next week. (Or maybe not...)
 
T

the record spot

Guest
chebby said:
Something for when it snows...

CB1143588.jpg

Handy, no question. Without a doubt a useful implement. Does it have an mp3 player?
 
T

the record spot

Guest
matthewpiano said:
the record spot said:
You're not alone Steve...something bearing the model number 8050 ended up getting bought just before midnight last night...

That has been brewing for some time though RS! Glad you've finally gone for it. Will be interesting to hear your thoughts once it is up and running.

Well, the Superfi deal was good, they've despatched as of last night. I'm between contracts right now and with all the other stuff that's gone on this year, this was a bit of a treat, albeit a guilty one.

I hear it has quite a neutral sound and the other features I'm very keen on. There's good power, build could be a little better, but really, this is quibbling; it's really down to how it makes the stereo sound, so I'm hoping it pans out well.
 

chebby

Well-known member
Jun 2, 2008
1,255
26
19,220
Visit site
the record spot said:
chebby said:
Something for when it snows...

CB1143588.jpg

Handy, no question. Without a doubt a useful implement. Does it have an mp3 player?

I have read of some tractors with fully integrated surround Bose 'In Cab Entertainment' :)

(John Deere offer full air-con and ... "Excellent sound quality with four high-quality speakers and a powerful subwoofer" in some of their cabs.)

I don't know about the Valtra 8050 though.
 

SteveR750

Well-known member
mitch65 said:
SteveR750 said:
Thankfully common sense has prevailed. I've found a supernait instead....

I am jealous, the Supernait is top of my want list!

Been on and off mine for a while now. Let's hope it can muscle the Spennies in a way that nothing from Cyrus under £10k could manage. I think the K2, magnificent though it is could be a little more brutal in my system and music that I listen to, being mostly rock and blues, and at moderate to high levels too. I need to think about whate else should be on my auditioning list
 

mitch65

Well-known member
Dec 16, 2003
52
0
18,540
Visit site
SteveR750 said:
mitch65 said:
SteveR750 said:
Thankfully common sense has prevailed. I've found a supernait instead....

I am jealous, the Supernait is top of my want list!

Been on and off mine for a while now. Let's hope it can muscle the Spennies in a way that nothing from Cyrus under £10k could manage. I think the K2, magnificent though it is could be a little more brutal in my system and music that I listen to, being mostly rock and blues, and at moderate to high levels too. I need to think about whate else should be on my auditioning list

You should be fine, used my Spendors with a NaimUniti and they really did go well together. :)
 

tino

Well-known member
Sep 29, 2011
136
12
18,595
Visit site
the record spot said:
Well, the Superfi deal was good, they've despatched as of last night. I'm between contracts right now and with all the other stuff that's gone on this year, this was a bit of a treat, albeit a guilty one.

I hear it has quite a neutral sound and the other features I'm very keen on. There's good power, build could be a little better, but really, this is quibbling; it's really down to how it makes the stereo sound, so I'm hoping it pans out well.

Enjoy your well deserved Christmas treat ... hopefully your review will be positive enough to put an end to the plethora of Marantz CR603 / PM6004+NA7004 thread posts :grin:
 
T

the record spot

Guest
tino said:
the record spot said:
Well, the Superfi deal was good, they've despatched as of last night. I'm between contracts right now and with all the other stuff that's gone on this year, this was a bit of a treat, albeit a guilty one.

I hear it has quite a neutral sound and the other features I'm very keen on. There's good power, build could be a little better, but really, this is quibbling; it's really down to how it makes the stereo sound, so I'm hoping it pans out well.

Enjoy your well deserved Christmas treat ... hopefully your review will be positive enough to put an end to the plethora of Marantz CR603 / PM6004+NA7004 thread posts :grin:

Thanks - it's on its way; fingers crossed!
 

SteveR750

Well-known member
I have a used shortlist, so need some guidance:

Moon i5.3 RS

Supanait (not ideal, its a seller overseas)

Moon i3.3 RS

Conrad Johnson CA200

or Keep Kandy S6e -> A6

All options would cost around the same to change, prefer a smooth punchy sound for rock / blues
 

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts