MKV v MP4

angelmf2704

Nov 15, 2020
Visit site
Why would you want to change the format? MKV is a better format, that supports HD audio, 4K HDR 10 Bit video and other great features. You can use any free video editing software.

Friesiansam

Why would you want to change the format? MKV is a better format, that supports HD audio, 4K HDR 10 Bit video and other great features. You can use any free video editing software.
MKV is not a video file format, MkV is a container holding the video, sound and subtitle files. Video and sound, in theory, can be any type of file. The OP may need to change it as not all devices can handle MKV containers.

Last edited:

Jeffery1k

Jun 21, 2021
Visit site
Transmuxing, or changing the format without re-encoding, is possible with FFmpeg. Depending on what you're converting, this is by far the fastest option. It's a command-line program, but it also has a graphical user interface.

Handbrake is an encoder, which means it re-encodes the video and thereby lowers the quality (albeit, often unnoticeably). VidCoder, which is based on the Handbrake engine, is what I use.

Illisarum

Sep 19, 2021
Visit site
Free video converters not will be able to convert an entire movie into another one formats. Usually, the limits are set at half an hour for video conversion. That is, a larger video in a free video converter will not be able to convert to another format.

Jeffery1k

Jun 21, 2021
Visit site
Why would you want to change the format? MKV is a better format, that supports HD audio, 4K HDR 10 Bit video and other great features. You can use any free video editing this software.
Handbreak is the way to convert, although the video is not that horrible an hour for a 1 hour and 45 minutes. Conversion of videos isn't a fast procedure.

FYI, OBS is one of the better recording applications for screen recording, spreads h.264 compressed data to prevent conversion or large file sizes.

Remark: Actually? I believe the resolution, quality parameters and encoder used depend on it, however I never saw video conversions that require more than the source. Conversion often takes only a 3rd time. And my data are approximately the same as OP, but only from 4 years ago.

Last edited:

Tourenim

Sep 21, 2021
Visit site
Free video converters not will be able to convert an entire movie into another one formats. Usually, the limits are set at half an hour for video conversion. That is, a larger video in a free video converter will not be able to convert to another format

Yummi

Sep 28, 2021
Visit site
Why then create normal software if it would be possible to do everything in free soft ones. To convert large videos, you need to use normal software.
If you look from the point of view of programming, then much more effort needs to be put into making the program work quickly, stably, etc. Free programs can not boast of stability.

Tourenim

Sep 21, 2021
Visit site
Of course, I understand that from a software point of view, everything is much more complicated. But I thought it would be possible to convert such videos in free video converters. Now I'm looking for paid software to convert videos. While I can't decide which soft will be better, I watch different reviews.

Illisarum

Sep 19, 2021
Visit site
Free video converters not will be able to convert an entire movie into another one formats. Usually, the limits are set at half an hour for video conversion. That is, a larger video in a free video converter will not be able to convert to another format

You don't have to search anymore. I've looked through a bunch of reviews. Almost any paid and free video converter will cope with this task. TS is a very common video format, I started editing videos, and I have to constantly convert videos to different formats. The fastest and most convenient software for me is Movavi. How to convert a video from Ts to Mp4 is also written on the official website Movavi. Everything is described in detail there. Moreover, such a video conversion is available in the free version, so you will not even need to buy a subscription or a licensed version of Movavi.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts