Mix 4 ohm and 6 ohm speakers?

AmigaNut

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

I have changed my speaker set up from MS Alumni 2 surrounds to Wharfedale 9.1 and 9.0.

The problem is I can not get hold of a Wharfedale 9.cc centre (black) new. Ebay is an answer but it is the time and chance to find one.

I see that AVBristol have Wharfedale DX1 centres which seem Idael size but they are 4ohm as opposed to the rest of my speakers 6 ohm, would this be a problem?

I do not have the system on very loud (Yamaha RX-V367 & terraced house), but I want a tonaL balance as is suggested on front/centre etc.

I am using the Mordaunt Short centre still in this system and am happy with it but I want all the same brand and I can sell the centre with the rest of the Alumni speakers.

Any thoughts?

AmigaNut

chrisup

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
You should be fine a lot of people often ajust the centre speaker by + 1 or +2 db to hear the dialoue clearer compared with what the auto setup choses. As your speakers are only 2 ohms different I would not worry and just enjoy your movies.

best wishes

Chris

AmigaNut

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
Hi Chris,

Thanks for the reply, I have actually found a supplier for a 10.cc which is the same 6 ohms as the rest of the eqipment.

I just have to wait for the centre to arrive from Itally.

Regards

Nigel

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts