Mistake on website

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi everyone,

In my quest to get some new speakers, I saw on a local dealer's site saying that the Arcam Solo Movie 5.1 was available for £200! I presume this is a mistake as they are usually £2000, but can I say to the dealer "that's the price you say, that's the price I want it for?"

Are they legally obliged to allow it for that price?

A

Anonymous

Oh, okay! Nevermind. I thought that if you go into a shop and there are two stickers on a product, then you are allowed the cheaper one legally...does the same not apply here?

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Hughes123:Hi everyone,

In my quest to get some new speakers, I saw on a local dealer's site saying that the Arcam Solo Movie 5.1 was available for £200! I presume this is a mistake as they are usually £2000, but can I say to the dealer "that's the price you say, that's the price I want it for?"

Are they legally obliged to allow it for that price?

Contract law my friend. If you were to go in and ask to pay £200 - that is your "offer". To finalise the contract "acceptance" is needed, they would need to accept your offer (obviously they wouldn't).

laserman16

Nov 23, 2007
Visit site
Hughes123:Oh, okay! Nevermind. I thought that if you go into a shop and there are two stickers on a product, then you are allowed the cheaper one legally...does the same not apply here?
They are still not obliged to sell you somthing even in this case. The contract to buy and sell is a two way thing between customer and retailer.

A

Anonymous

Wow, some very comprehensive replies, thankyou everyone! It seems I'll have to be saving up my money then!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts